Deer vs Train

Pitchwife

Dreamer
Apr 23, 2001
The middle of nowhere Oregon
Visit site
I just got these photos in the mail and had to share them. Here is the story that goes along with them.

Service call of the month from a Baltimore Gas & Electric residential customer ...

BGE received a call from a customer saying: "My power is out. When you come to fix it be sure to bring a truck with a tall enough bucket to remove the deer".

The customer service rep prudently trying to gather helpful information to help diagnose the problem asked, "What deer"?

The customer replied " There is a deer on top of one of the electric poles on Wilkes Road about 1/2 mile west of Perimeter Road".

The customer service rep tried desperately to pull herself together and not laugh in front of the customer and replied, " We will dispatch someone right away to investigate the power outage. Thank you for the call."

Upon completion of the call, the customer service rep proceeded to share the funny story with her coworkers in the office and they all had a good laugh.

Well, low and behold, the serviceman who repaired the problem stopped by the customer service office the following day with the attached pictures.

Sure enough, the poor deer had been hit by a train & landed on top of a distribution feeder pole!

Attachments

• image001.jpg
    image001.jpg
    48.4 KB · Views: 272

PennRailRoads

Apr 4, 2002
Pennsylvania
As I looked at the pictures i began to laugh. The first thought in my mind was "How the hell did that deer end up there?" I suppose that if the deer was trying to jump out of the way it managed to hit the front of the locomotive and got propelled through the air and hit the power lines. Also if it is a fake, who would be so stupid of going up there near LIVE power lines? :eek:

DEER STEAK ANYONE?

CSX6638

Jul 24, 2002
FLORIDA
Visit site
With good imaging software and a few photos if you know what you are doing you don't have to climb anything, just sit in front of your computer and fake up anything that you feel like. Most of the wild scenes that you see on TV and in the movies today are computer generated. And I agree with spitfire, this was done in poor taste, a live deer standing on top of the pole would have been better, and having seen a few things hit by a train there would not be anything of that deer left to view.

Pitchwife

Dreamer
Apr 23, 2001
The middle of nowhere Oregon
Visit site
All of your comments got me really looking at the pictures, and one thing finally struck me. In the first picture has anyone noticed something very conspicusly missing? Like railroad tracks? You would think that a small detail like that being overlooked would make the whole story fall apart that much sooner. It's hard to believe that someone went to all the trouble to set this scene, whether real or CGI and then leave out that one crucial detail. :eek: I guess that it just goes to show what kinds of idiots there are out there. Obviously from the shallow end of the gene pool. :rolleyes: I promise that if anything like this comes along again it will bo gone over with a fine tooth comb before showing up here. My apology to all.