Decided to sell my Lionel trains and need some advise

junkyardjeff

Due to space issues I will keep my HO stuff and let the Lionel and American flyer trains go,I hate to get rid of them as my dad bought them about 50 years ago but they have been wrapped up in boxes in the attic since 1966 and I doubt I will ever do anything with them so its time to let them go to someone who will use enjoy them. Does anyone know where I can get some info on what this stuff is worth as I have no clue,I am in the Dayton Ohio area and we do have a couple train shows that come into town and always seem to miss them.

Hi Jeff

You mite want to check some of the Lionel train forums out there. also take some pics of the trains so you can post them to get some better info on them !! Being they are older model's they mite be worth some $$$ depending on shape there in, My Uncle was a big Lionel collector ! he had a lot of older model , He had the whole basement set with a full lay out ! My Aunt gave them all way real not know they were worth money after he had pass on ! I know there a few train fan here that mite help you out with some more info , but i hope it helps !!

gbwdude

General Manager, W.R.Ry.
Welcome to Zealot junkyardjeff!

You've got my attention with the Flyer stuff. Depending on what you have and what you want for your stuff I might be interested. I have some post-war AF stuff with the old style couplers and I'm looking to add to my collection.

Here on Zealot we do also have a Marketplace to buy and sell, albeit it doesn't get much action.

Tyler