decals

ross31r

Does anyone know where i can get hold of some decals for my HO locos - i dont really want to go via Microscale because that would be expensive so im ideally after some transfer paper and a printer that i could use with the paper (assuming it wont go through a normal inkjet printer)

Will_annand

Walmart used to carry the Inkjet Decal kit, not sure who made it.
Our local Walmart had it last year, but this year, when I went to buy some, they said they did not carry it anymore.

spitfire

They carry inkjet decal "paper" at Business Depot/Staples if you have them, or something similar, in your area. There are 2 kinds - clear and white. You will also need the spray fixative to seal the ink before dunking it in water. It takes a little practice to find out how much spray to use.

Also, remember that inkjet printers don't print white - so you won't be able to get the typical white reporting marks with that method.

Decals are best for custom work on a solid colour background. If Microscale has the decals you need for your loco's you may find the price is the same as for buying the paper and fixative and doing it yourself.

Val

ross31r

its not white i want its a shadowed gold and red block lettering scheme
Think we have Staples over here - in fact i think there is one pretty local to me!