Decal Mania

cidchase

:wave: My sister gave me a nice little Atlas #701 Gate Tower kit. It comes with what I thought were
water-slide decals, on a clear plastic sheet rather than a paper backing. Soaking in water
does not loosen them.:confused: Am I extra slow this weekend? I'll try alcohol next, I guess, or setting
solution? I'm hoping someone here knows what's what with these!:D :D

Triplex

Don't use alcohol. Decals do exist that require it, and are used in other fields of modelling. They are not usually used in model railroading, so these probably aren't decals at all. The clear backing is the key - they're transfers, that is, rub-on lettering.

brakie

Actually you peel 'em and stick them on..:D The name peels off revealing a sticky side.All you do is press it on and it sticks..
I call them "sticky decals"..sign1

cidchase

Well, Larry's right, they stick on. But the sticky is away from the plastic, with the face of the lettering against the plastic backing, like a transfer, as Triplex said. The adhesive is not very sticky, like a Post-It. There was a piece of paper laid over the adhesive side in the box. Anyhow, it works! Thanks, gentlemen! I have not seen these before. :thumb: