Dec 14th Weekly Photo Fun

slekjr

Well I hate to be first but here it is. I went to pay a visit to my layout Nov 30th and it was just like railfanning the prototype. I could see there was no activity so I just snapped a photo of the out of service mainline. Some day it will see action once again.
Charlie:wave:

spankybird

OTTS Founder
We're playing with a new camera. There is alot of new settings to learn.

47b7cc35b3127cceb2fb65ec88a500000037108IZMmrFwxbA

47b7cc35b3127cceb2fb6e5049b400000037108IZMmrFwxbA

47b7cc35b3127cceb2fb6ffe098200000037108IZMmrFwxbA

47b7cc35b3127cceb2fb6c78c8ad00000037108IZMmrFwxbA

47b7cc35b3127cceb2fb6562882b00000037108IZMmrFwxbA

47b7cc35b3127cceb2e45e52a84d00000037108IZMmrFwxbA

BTW - this is a 1955 Chryler in 1/43 scale

UP SD40-2

Charlie, GLAD to have YOU start this weeks thread out:thumb: . i would love to see more pics of your layout:winki::mrgreen: .

Tom, GREAT car shots!:thumb: i like the bike with the sidecar the best though:bravo: ....well, i cant hold back, I'm gonna say it, i just LOVE the girls on your layout!:eeki::winki::thumb::mrgreen: , OK, there, i said it:119: .

R.V.S. at work:smilie:
:deano: -Deano
uncouple.JPG

Ralph

Remember...it's for fun!
Keep looking toward the future Charlie! Tom, that's a beaut of a car! Seems to be attracting a good looking crowd! :)
Here's a photo of lots of black locomotives at the engine yard in Kings Port.
12-10-2007-01.jpg

Ralph

Ralph

Remember...it's for fun!
Dean! You snuck that picture in while I was composing and uploading! Looks great!
Ralph

Herc Driver

Last Stop...

Amtrak 664 pulls into Ballantyne almost on time for tonights last run. It will get cleaned out and sided till tomorrow's afternoon run to Raleigh.

Attachments

• Copy of PC140054.JPG
    Copy of PC140054.JPG
    127.7 KB · Views: 14
  • Copy of PC140048.JPG
    Copy of PC140048.JPG
    133.6 KB · Views: 12

Pooh Bah
Charlie: I think in the 50s all the lines were white.
The current meaning is that white lines separate you from traffic going the same way; yellow separates you from traffic going the other way.
Course, in the 50s, if there was another lane, it was going the other way.

UP SD40-2

*drool* nice boxcar!
THANK YOU very much Josh!:smilie: i bought that kit from the SOO Historical Society at the Milwaukee show this year:thumb: . 100% of the weathering i done to it was with my airbrush:winki::mrgreen: .
:deano: -Deano

spankybird

OTTS Founder
Tom, That is a fine looking model, looks like a car cruise is happening.
Seeing you picture brings up a question that I posed to our guys here. What were the 1950s Centerline markings in Ohio. I remember we had a dashed center line and if you had a solid white beside it in your lane it meant no passing, but I can't remember if the dashed line was white or yellow. I am thinking it was white also but my memory fails me. Boy I wish I had the driver handbook from that era for Ohio.

Charlie

The best that I remember, Ohio had dashed white center lines with no passing zones marked with sold yellow on the side that was no passing. So you could have a yellow - white dash - yellow for no passing both directions. Later, went to the yellow for center lanes and white for lines in the same direction.

w8jy

Herc, what is your secret for making the Amtrak train run almost on time?
Are you sure it isn't just 24 hours late?

jesso

Great Pictures everyone! Herc, the lighting in your pictures is great and Trainnut, the smoke and steam is awesome!

Christmas came a little early for me. Last night, my new ac4400 arrived.

newup.jpg

Also, I got 3 decoders so I made my first ever DCC consist.

bnsfconsist.jpg

And here is my second consist:

upconsist.jpg

Herc Driver

Herc, what is your secret for making the Amtrak train run almost on time?
Are you sure it isn't just 24 hours late?

sign1
Well...it was fixin' to be early, but the sweet tea was done so the crew had to stop at the previous station and git some. Andy, Opie and Aunt Bee were there so everyone visited for 'while. (I'm kidding of course - I really like the laid back Carolina lifestyle.):driver1:

Herc Driver

That's some prime power there Scott...take it from a pilot...you can never have too much power. One day I hope to get DCC'd like the that too.

cnw1961

Great pics everyone :thumb:. Don’t have much to show at the moment. Here is a photo of the area on the right end of my layout I am working on.

151207.jpg