Deadliest Catch Cornelia Marie

Discussion in 'Ship & Watercraft Models' started by inky, Dec 21, 2011.

1. inky

inky Member

I have noticed thes boats have been asked about allot but none are available in paper so I sat down and decided to design them. This is just one of the many from the show I will design. I an working on the Northwestern at the moment and will ave it done in a week or so.

This is the Cornelia Marie, I did all my designs from pictures I found on the net. It isn't perfect but it is the best I can do with out all the big programs, I use MS paint. I am going to do this into a diorama and dedicate it to the late great Capt. Phil.

Once I get all the little bugs worked out in the design I will post this in the downloads section along with the others as I finish them.

Attached Files:

2. allhallowseve

allhallowseve Member

Great job !! I've watch the show from day one .. looking forward to the rest of the fleet !
  3. inky

inky Member

Here are more pics.

Attached Files:

4. Dented Rick

Dented Rick Human

Ive always loved the show, and got to meet Capt Phil about a year before he died. Looking forward to your fleet. What scale are you doing these in?
  5. inky

inky Member

I would love to meet them all.

What scale am I doing them in? Don't get me to lying, I have no idea what scale it is, don't know how to determine that part yet. The model is 14 inches long and the real boat is 126 feet long. here is a pic of it next to a cube.

Attached Files:

6. Bhelliom

Bhelliom Member

I calculate 1/108th scale from your numbers. 126 feet times 12 inches to a foot equals 1512 inches. 1512 inches divided by the 14 inch length of the model equals 108, so 1/108th scale.

The model looks great, btw! Can't wait to see the others.

Scott K.
  7. inky

inky Member

Thank you Scott for the formula on how to calculate scale, I guess you can teach an old dog new tricks. lol

I am working on the Northwestern right now and getting excited about finishing it myself.
  8. arkon

arkon Member

thanks alot man, now i have to build the d@mn thing for my wife who loves the show.wall1wall1sign1
    great model all kidding aside, cant wait to see the northwestern.
  9. Dented Rick

Dented Rick Human

Knowing now what the scale is, are you going to keep them all the same scale?

Im only asking because as you make them available, i'd like to build tham and add them to my 1/250th Fleet that im planning (Im rescaling the Arizona, Yamato, Enterprise, and the Ashijiro (sp) along with a Scale lagoon, docks, some buildings, etc, etc (Kinda like a McHales Navy sorta scene)

I might even through in a 1/250th Golden Hind :)
  10. inky

inky Member

Yes I will make them all the same scale.

I hope you post pictures of your build, it sounds like it is going to be nice, can't wait to see it complete.
  11. jmr248

jmr248 New Member

What are using for the colored bouy markers. They look good on the stern hanging as you have them.
  12. inky

inky Member

The buoy markers are just 6mm airsoft bb's. I kinda did a rush job on them but learned a new trick the other day so on the other boats the buoy's will look even better.

Attached Files:

13. inky

inky Member

Ladies and Gents, I just wanted to let y'all know I just uploaded my Cornelia Marie into the downloads section, you can find it here http://www.zealot.com/forum/downloads.php?do=cat&id=5 when it gets approved.

I hope this model works out for y'all, I am no big designer and only use MS Paint. feel free to tweak it to your liking if you want.
  14. LeeAnne

LeeAnne New Member

'Looks great, Inky! I've long wanted to do one of the fleet, but haven't found the show on for about a year. I'm sure it is, but I never see it advertised anymore.
  15. inky

inky Member

The new season will start on April 19th, 2012
  16. arkon

arkon Member

thanks for the download!! what ship is next? the time bandit?? wink wink:thumb:
  17. inky

inky Member

Your very welcome. I wish the Time Bandit was next, on the other forum every one loves the Northwestern so I said I would do it next. Time Bandit will be 3rd in line. It should of been first because it is my favorite but wanted to do the Cornelia Marie in remembrance of Capt. Phil.
  18. Zathros

Zathros Guest

I like the Time Bandit too, i think she's my favorite but the Cornelia maria was definitely my 2nd, and I think I liked Capt. Phil the best.
  19. allhallowseve

allhallowseve Member

Hi Inky

What did you use to the make the black rail on the Maire , was it wire ??
  20. inky

inky Member

It is string. I made a jig and wrapped the string on it in the pattern I needed, then super glued it all. Once dry it is hard like wire. I colored it with a regular black sharpy.

Here is a pic of what I used, this jig is not the one I used for the CM but same concept.

Attached Files: