De ja ... the feeling you're building a model you built before...

Cybergrinder

Member Extraordinaire
Jun 24, 2014
Johannesburg, South Africa
Thanks for the suggestion Milleniumfalsehood, but, there is a support card just behind the defector. I do have an idea involving tinfoil. All will be revealed ... :) I completed the deflector but forgot to photo it :headbange:

I also completed the "bussard collector" (what's a bussard anyway? ;)) but didn't photo that either... :headbange: will try to get them tonight

But, here is the starboard warp nacelle under construction

IMGP0006.JPG

Cybergrinder

Member Extraordinaire
Jun 24, 2014
So, I finished the warp nacelles, here they are in their lit up glory :)

IMGP0001.JPG IMGP0003.JPG

Not the best photo's I admit :( Still need to practice dark photography....

I then started the wing

IMGP0001.JPG

The challenge that lies ahead here will be feeding the wires from the warp nacelles & impulse engines, but I have an idea of making "tunnels" through the foam core supports :)

zathros

*****SENIOR ADMINISTRATOR*****
Staff member
Administrator
Apr 5, 2013
Man, that is beautiful all lit up!! You could use much thinner wires as your amperage is quite low, and you won't lose anything to resistance. It makes it easier to stuff in there. You could use solid core telephone cable wire, and that would be more than enough. I purchased conductive glue and made a circuit board out of 110 llb. card stock. I was able to light up 2 LED's on quite a small piece of paper, with small wires, almost hairlike, glued to the paper, and going to the battery pack. :)

Reactions: Cybergrinder

Cybergrinder

Member Extraordinaire
Jun 24, 2014
Thanks Zathros,

So I took a ten day break for a much needed holiday, but then got back to work on Voyager's wing, warp nacelle's attached - bottom view

IMGP0103.JPG

Top view

IMGP0104.JPG

Now, anyone who followed my previous build of this model will remember how I fought with the impulse engines. this time...

IMGP0106.JPG

Nailed them!

Here's the wing completed

IMGP0107.JPG
IMGP0108.JPG
I then started on the secondary hull, port side completed & greebled :)

IMGP0109.JPG

Cybergrinder

Member Extraordinaire
Jun 24, 2014
So, to boldly continue, :)

Secondary hull completed

IMGP0112.JPG

Then the fun of assembly - wing to secondary hull. This is the trickiest part for the whole model, there is very little room to apply pressure on the parts, you have to cut away some of the supports. Now, added complication, getting the wires through :)

IMGP0113.JPG

What I did find helpful was to not attach the "backplate" of the secondary hull to the hull, but rater to the wing.

IMGP0114.JPG

I then attached the under side of the primary hull. Straight forward "line-up & glue"

IMGP0115.JPG

Upper section of primary hull now "tacked" on, and wiring completed (not the neatest I know, try using a soldering iron near paper :)) . I found/think that it's going to be much easier to do the neck last and slide it under the primary hull.

IMGP0116.JPG

And, the Delta flyer was bugging me, so....

that is an AA battery in shot for scale purposes :)

IMGP0117.JPG

zathros

Staff member
Administrator
Apr 5, 2013
I like the way the ship looked split up with the components in side thee main section. This ship will really shine at night. Set your camera without flash, and longer exposure on a tripod for the best pics. ;)

Reactions: Cybergrinder

zathros

Staff member
Administrator
Apr 5, 2013
So do I, make Wall Paper size pics for the computer screens. I use dual 24" monitors. ;)

zathros

Staff member
Administrator
Apr 5, 2013
Dang, that is one nice model. I kept forgetting to click on "Like" because I was so absorbed by the pictures. We need one, all lit up, in a dark room, or maybe against a dark sky!! "Background size, for a Background Picture. :)