De ja ... the feeling you're building a model you built before...

Cybergrinder

Member Extraordinaire
Jun 24, 2014
Johannesburg, South Africa
So, I had a busy weekend but did get around to finishing the port greebling and starboard main hulls.

In the process the phaser array got damaged... :headbange: but it needed work any way :)

So, experiments in lighting! I wanted the light to be dispersed for the warp nacelles, the LED on it's own would be too intense at one spot. So, with the LEDs, silcone sealant and a small 2ml plastic pipette ...IMGP0450.JPG

I was able to make this!

IMGP0449.JPG

Sorry, I didn't want to solder to my bit of circuit board yet, so my finger's in the way. I packed the bulb of the pipette with silicone & the inserted the LED. I'm also using the bore of the pipette for other lighting area's (fibre optic principle :), thanks Zathros!)

The nice thing with silcone it can be cut to fit relatively easily and the bulb doubles up as a mould! :)

And here's the hull halves joined and an unlit warp light in the middle :)

IMGP0451.JPG

zathros

*****SENIOR ADMINISTRATOR*****
Staff member
Administrator
Apr 5, 2013
Your deflector dish looks like someone backed into it. I'd revisit that seeing how the rest of the Hull is looking pretty damned good. IMHO. :)

Reactions: Cybergrinder

Revell-Fan

Co-Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Aug 1, 2009
Vreden
... paper Borg gets hit and unfolds into a flat piece of paper and sings, "Smoke on the Water"... :D

zathros

*****SENIOR ADMINISTRATOR*****
Staff member
Administrator
Apr 5, 2013
I always wondered if Bjorn Borg was a Borg? Maybe he was bjorn that bway? Bit's bhard bto bsay. Sounds almost like Pig Latin, a dying anguagelaybay. Obat adbay. ˙punoɹƃ ǝɥʇ uo ʇǝǝɟ ʎɯ ʇǝƃ ʇ,uɐɔ ʇsnɾ I ˙ǝɯ ɹoɟ uʍop ǝpᴉsdn ʎllɐǝɹ ǝɯɐs sƃuᴉɥʇ ʎlǝʇɐ˥
˙ʇooqǝɹ ɹǝʇʇǝq 'pɹɐoqʎǝʞ ʎɯ ɥʇᴉʍ ƃuoɹʍ s,ƃuᴉɥʇǝɯoS

Bjorn-Borg.jpg