Dcc?

Trains

Jul 18, 2004
We are running DC right now. Thinking about DCC is it worth all the trouble?
I been reading about it on three differant forums and it seems like people have a
lot of problems with it.

Knifeguy

Dec 29, 2003
LI, NY
Visit site
Trouble? I wouldn't use that word, if anything DCC is much easier to wire.
Cost is your deal breaker. DCC engines cost a little more but a good quality engine, DCC ready isn't much more than without. And then you have to figure out which controller you want. Too me, its a no brainer, you have better control, freedom, and can run multiple engines on the same line. Well worth it. Some will disagree.

By the way, I have seen, its usually the "old timers" who disagree. Sorry guys. :eek:ops:

Matthyro

Will always be re-membered
Dec 28, 2000
Georgetown, Ontario,Canada
TC I have to think that I am an old timer and had more than my share of cab control with all those DPDT switches. I took the move to DCC cautiously but I am very pleased I did. It makes model railroading that much closer to the prototype.

Pooh Bah
Mar 25, 2002
Brampton, Ontario, Canada
Visit site
Trains:
I've operated a DCC layout and use DC on my own. There is a lot more wiring with DC (when the layout gets bigger) and DCC lets you run the trains after you get the bugs out.
A bit of care and planning (especially if you get all new stuff) will eliminate most of the problems.