dcc systems

Harold Cole

Feb 15, 2006
Clayton Delaware
It has not got a computer interface capability, but you can go to a wireless cab easily. also cannot run any locomotives on straight dc. Maybe some of the old hat dcc guys will jump in and explain more.
Charlie.
Just Trying to find out what you mean.No computer interface Well i can and have been running my Trainset alot with my computer through the JMRI program and when i first got into DCC well over 10 years ago i had no plans at all to run anything but DCC,I do own the Digitrax Super Cheif DCS200 and the DB200+ of course over the years i've up-graded to what i've got now.I've not had any major problems with this setup at all.I do find the Digitrax book is a bit confussing to me at times,buy am able to run 1 DC engine at at time if i want to. Harold

rogerw

Jun 16, 2006
manhattan ks
Harold I think he was responding to my question about the prodigy not having a computer interface. I would not get a system with out a computer interface. Harold what DCC system where you using back then?

Harold Cole

Feb 15, 2006
Clayton Delaware
I was using the Digitrax DCS100 but since have expanded (the train layout) to the point i needed a little more power and have made 2 power districts and 1 reverse loop.Most of the time on the main lines i run at least 2 Engines per train. It got to the point that i needed the extra few amps and it was time to seperate some of the layout to 2 districts so the DCS200 and the DB200+ was the ticket.