DCC just can't choose

Nomad

I have the NCE and am happy with it. It has all the bells and whistles I need and some I will probably never use.

Loren

Pooh Bah
A couple of considerations:
Is there someone in town who runs the set that you can ask for advice?
Will the hobby shop let you read the instruction manuals so you can see if they're understandable?
What extra bits are available -- extra power modules, circuit breakers -- and how are things hooked up?
Is one hand controller easier to operate than the other? Do you have to do extra key strokes for some functins?
What other units (brands) are they compatible with?

fieromike

A couple of considerations:
Is there someone in town who runs the set that you can ask for advice?
Will the hobby shop let you read the instruction manuals so you can see if they're understandable?
What extra bits are available -- extra power modules, circuit breakers -- and how are things hooked up?
Is one hand controller easier to operate than the other? Do you have to do extra key strokes for some functins?
What other units (brands) are they compatible with?

Both Digitrax and NCE have their manuals available online:
Digitrax.com: Index to Application Notes, Manuals and Instructions

NCE2

Mike

YmeBP

I own a super chief 5 amp, and i love it!! :) I'm not that versed in train operation, and using the cab makes me look like a pro.

This thing has tons and tons of settings and you can get lost in it, it is also very expandable. I bought a loco buffer usb and it linked up very easily. I have mostly digitrax decoders but others work well w/ it.

Hmm what else .. it's small and it looks neat w/ the little switches and lights hahahaha :eek:ops: i know it's silly but ....

SD90

I'd go with the Super Chief for sure. You might not think you will ever need all that it has to offer, but you might suprise yourself, I did!

atticn

Finally

Finally,went with nce 5amp power pro[Bruce is the go to guy at L.S.major factor in my choice]Took his time to walk me through everything to find best system for my needs.Thanks to everyone for their replies. atticn

Boilerman

I have a NCE system and chose it over the Digitrax because I thought it was more user friendly, however I use Digitrax decoders as they have softer wire on the ones that I install in my steam locos.
I think that both manufactures offer great systems!!!!!!