DCC installation in Spectrum N scale 2-8-0

Discussion in 'DCC & Electronics' started by capt_turk, Jan 4, 2005.

1. capt_turk

capt_turk Member

Anyone know where there is an installation guide for the Bachmann Spectrum N scale 2-8-0. It's engine number 2506 and came in the 24121 item number steam set. It's one of the newer ones that says it is DCC ready. I can't find a socket, and would like to know which decoders would work best in this loco. The installation guides I have found seem to be for the older ones that have to be hard wired.:confused:
  2. rksstl

rksstl Member

I'm not positive on that loco but you'll probably have to hard wire it. Mfg's alot will advertise DCC ready when the loco has a split frame and the motor is isolated. You might try contacting Tony's Train Exchange they should be albe to set you up with the right decoder.
    http://www.buydcc.com/index.html
  3. Bikerdad

Bikerdad Member

4. capt_turk

capt_turk Member

Thanks for the link. Not having a plug is not what I call DCC ready but what can you do?
  5. Bikerdad

Bikerdad Member

"DCC Ready" implies a different level of readiness in N Scale compared to the larger scales. Kinda bites, but I think it may be due to the lack of space in N scale locos. The only loco I've heard of in N that comes plugged is the new ConCor 2-10-2, in the tender.