DCC in an older GE 44 tonner

shaygetz

I understand that there is a way to install a decoder into an older Spectrum GE 44 tonner. If any of you folks know of it, I'd be much obliged to you for any information. I would like to keep the rather unique two motor setup if at all possible.

jon-monon

I know you want to keep the old one, but I think the newer is a better design and accepts dcc better, from what I hear. You can sell your old one for almost enough for a new one from trainworld.com. Shamus might be interested in buying the old one. New is said to be a much better runner. I've rebuilt enough trucks on the old to say it's an all around weak design. Gears and motors are weak, and what else is there in a power truck? And as far as "lifetime" warranty on the old, plan on shelling out $20 for the lifetime warranty coverage. Guess you only get to live one year under their warranty :D

jon-monon

I have not seen the new style yet. Hope to buy one soon :) I'm guessing they are the same based on past conversations with bachmann, but I didn't ask that outright.