DCC and Spectrum 0-6-0T, HO

Carrie Creek

Dec 9, 2004
Kansas
:wave: Iron Goat I don't know what I've done now I tried to reattach the attachment but it wouldn't reattach. I tried to attach it here but it wouldn't and then the whole message disappeared on me so here I am retyping it in. I am not making any progress to day.
Okay I got them posted on the first site again

Carrie Creek

Dec 9, 2004
Kansas
Iron Goat, did you get the file to open for you? I have installed my TCS M2 decoder in my 0-6-0t. I taped it to the roof and ran the wires down between the front windows and under the tank to the board. I put the resistor for the front headlite where the orginal lite bulb was. I was able to put the 1.5v bulb in the housing and ran the wires into the smokebox. The rear resistor lays on the floor of the cab and the wires run up the left back corner. This worked out real nice.
Phil

Iron Goat

Apr 9, 2004
Missouri
Visit site
Way to go, Phil ! Sounds like you are up and running. It looks like you had an interesting installation with your 0-6-0. I am still looking at the new Spectrum HO Climax.... but all the greatest wisdom out there says it can't be done at this point in time. (Boy, I love a challenege.... but I'll wait a while yet)

The tender on the HO Climax is even smaller than the one on the "low boiler" model of the Spectrum 4-6-0, and that was a tough installation.

Enjoy your "new" lokey.... Bob H. :thumb:

Carrie Creek

Dec 9, 2004
Kansas
capacitors in Bachmann 0-6-0t

Freelancer,
I asked TCS about the capacitors as their site for installation for their M2 decoder says to remove them. They stated that they are there for European markets. and that they will cause irraitic operation if not removed. So if you are still having problems this might be the cause. I would unsolder the joint between the two cap. and test the response before clipping the leads as they do not recomend unsoldering from the brushes.
Phil:wave: