Day on the Toledo Sub

railohio

Spent the morning of January 30th trackside on CSX's Toledo Subdivision. Here are the day's catches.

UP4967DeshlerOH1-30-03.jpg

While waiting to meet a friend, Union Pacific 4967 passes the railfan park in Deshler, Ohio. This train runs from Chicago to Selkirk on CSX and crosses the Toledo Sub in Deshler.

CSX7725LeipsicOH1-30-03.jpg

Moving south along the Toledo Sub, we came across Q375 in Leipsic, led by a GE C40-8W, which is typical power for this Baltimore to Cincinnati train.

NYSW4052LoopOttawaOH1-30-03.jpg

Moving farther south to Ottawa, we find a southbound Indiana & Ohio freight moving around the Ottawa Loop. When the DT&I abandoned their line from Leipsic to Lima in favor of trackage rights on the parallel B&O, they kept this trackage around Ottawa to serve local industries. Today, it is used by CSX as another passing siding on the line.

CSX7725NYSW4052OttawaOH1-30-03.jpg

South of Ottawa, we find the southbound Q375 and I&O waiting for a northbound movement. Two northbounds would eventually be sent up, Q368, the Cincinnati to Baltimore counterpart of Q375, and D734, the local out of Lima. After these passes, our southbounds began their trek again.

NYSW4052ColumbusGroveOH1-30-03.jpg

In Columbus Grove, the southbound I&O is again seen passing town.

CSX8830ColumbusGroveOH1-30-03.jpg

The final train we shot that day was the southbound Q339, a Willard to Cincinnati train, as it passed Columbus Grove.

Rusted

Again, great shots. Keep postin', I love lookin'. My favorite on these is the UP with the flag and fogginess. Somehow the charcoal grills add interest too. I had undecorated dash 9 on my layout, I painted it UP with the flags. Your proto looks much better than how my first custom paint job turned out.

babydot94513

Member in training
Great photography and thanks for the background on how CSX operates in that area.

Us west coast people only see UP and BNSF and look to this list to find out about the rest of the nations rail action.