Dave's Intro

Dave Finkleman

Aug 7, 2014
I have built model aircraft forever. All kinds from pistachio indoor flyers to yow meter RC gliders. My work is used for advertising such as Dave Diels 1/24th scale rubber powered WWII and Ecardmodels card models. I have been building card model aircraft for about fifteen years and have over 300 at scales up to 1/33rd. Some built better than others. I am in my 70's. Still working, having failed retirement three times do far. Among other things, I am a retired USAF Colonel.

Reactions: Revell-Fan

Revell-Fan

Co-Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Aug 1, 2009
Vreden
Hello Colonel!

Welcome the forums! :)

I know of a few people who have also failed retirement, either because they love their work so much or because they have to keep working in order to make a living. I always say, "age is only a number in your passport". :) It depends on how you feel and how you live (Story Musgrave is a prime example of that). We all get older day by day, hour by hour, second by second, but we must not get OLD! ;)

It is great to know that you have such a fulfilling hobby and that you have decided to join us. It seems like you have a very impressive collection. I'd love to see some pictures of it!

Stay healthy, take care and have fun and enjoy!

RF :)

zathros

*****SENIOR ADMINISTRATOR*****
Staff member
Administrator
Apr 5, 2013
Welcome to Zealot Col. Finkelman. I believe you are the highest ranking person we have here from any branch of any military. Glad to have you aboard. Please feel free to post pictures of your work, regardless of when you made them. :)

Rhaven Blaack

!!!THE MAN BEHIND THE CURTAIN!!!
Staff member
Administrator
Jun 12, 2009
Oregon
www.deviantart.com
Hello and welcome to the forum Colonel.
Thank you for your service!!!
By all means, please post photos of your work.

If you have any questions, comments, concerns, need help or advice, please feel free to ask and we will do what we can to help you (or at least point you in the right direction).

Once again, welcome aboard. I hope that you enjoy yourself here. I look forward to seeing your work.

Revell-Fan

Co-Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Aug 1, 2009
Vreden
Holy moly! I've been looking at your pictures and must say that your collection is gorgeous! At first I thought your planes were CGI renderings, but on closer inspection I noticed that these are all made of paper! GREAT WORK, COLONEL! :)