Dave Barry says ---

billk

Jun 12, 2001
Marion, IA, USA
Going through the last few pages of my 2002 Dave Barry desk calendar - for 12/30 he said:

As a child, I spent countless fun hours watching my Lionel train go araound and around, and of course around. The train had a milk car with a milkman who loaded and unloaded milk cans by means of the mysterious power of -- prepare to become excited -- magnetism! There was even a missile car that used magnetism to launch a missile, which went straight up and came back down on the train, sometimes hitting the milkman, who apparently represented some kind of military threat.

Now why does that bring back memories when I never even had a Lionel train?

Vic

Feb 1, 2002
Columbus GA
Visit site
Answer To Your Question

Because American Flyer Trains were better!!!:D Except for that stupid cattle loader:eek: ... the cows would just wander around aimlessly and never would go into the car!:D :D :D

TR-Flyer

Nov 24, 2001
SC
Visit site
Vic!

I think i love you! Oh, and AC Gilbert too!

The people never come out of the "escalator" on the passenger station either, but who cares, at least AF has people and cows that actually MOVE!

Bill: It was the Lionel train from a previous life, before you discovered Flyer!

HE, he, he, he..... Ok guys, i'll go back in my S-gauge cage now. Thanks for letting me out Vic.

"Tis a fah, fah, better place i go to than i have eveh known...."

Ted