Dartmouth Show Pictures

grumbeast

Jan 13, 2003
Dartmouth, N.S. Canada
www.accesswave.ca
Agatheron,

your right , its not N track its BendTrack, a different modular
standard. We do share some elements with N track (height about floor and electrical standards) and I know some groups have built N-track/bendtrack converters.

We went with Bendtrack because it does away with the pit and gets everyone outside with the public (which is a major reason we go to the shows). It also means we can setup different shaped layouts to fit the space.

While I'm on advantages. quite a few of our members chose bendtrack because if you build two balloon modules, you have a home layout immediately that you can add to at your leisure.

Thanks for the remarks guys, I hope the pics can provide some
inspiration :)

grumbeast

Jan 13, 2003
Dartmouth, N.S. Canada
www.accesswave.ca
John,

its power independent. We use both DC and DCC during shows to maximise our flexibility (and the fact that all members don't yet have DCC equipment. If you are careful with crossovers (as in making sure they are isolated properly) you can run both simultaneously. We run DC on the outside loop and DCC on the inside (the inside tends to have more switching opertunities so its better for DCC.

During shows we generally run 2 to 3 trains on a single DC block on the outside and use kill zones in certain modules to ensure that we avoid rear-ending. Of course with DCC this doesn't matter but we generally run no more than 4 trains (of course some people may be playing around on spur tracks while this is happening. I like the DC / DCC mix as there is always action for the public but there is the possibility of some operations on the inside line too (something we're looking at writing some guidelines for).