Darth Vader 1.0

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by culpster, Sep 4, 2009.

1. culpster

culpster Member

Just started this one. I concentrated on what I thought would take the most time to see if it could be done without having 8 pages of intricate parts for the helmet. This is what I have done so far and I would like some opinions. I know it is not 100% movie accurate, but again working on a feasible model to put together for an intermediate to beginner level.

Attached Files:

2. culpster

culpster Member

Here's a little more...

Including the control panel and the belt

Attached Files:

3. stephen.irl

stephen.irl Member

Looks pretty good to me. Will you be making it available as a download. It would be a nice one to build
  4. greenelf1967

greenelf1967 Member

looks great already. Its strange nobody has designed this already.. keep up the great work... cheers
  5. culpster

culpster Member

Saber added and starting on the torso

Response: It is funny that nobody has done this yet. I have Rex that I am doing at the same time and was suprised with that not being done also. Not sure what I am going to do with this yet, depends on how much time is put in. I certainly would like to get a test builder to put it together. If someone is interested contact me. The latest is below, apart from the hands being made, the right being able to hold the saber, this is going quicker than expected. The funny thing is that I started this out of frustration because the Milton Bradley Paper model is not available in the US. Now I am looking at the pictures of the Milton Bradley model and am glad that I am doing this.

Attached Files:

6. JanoNath

JanoNath New Member

7. culpster

culpster Member

Thanks

Yeah, I saw the piro mask, but even at a small scale that mask would be impossible at best to assemble for me. I think as a stand alone model it is accurate and excellent work. But what he did in 72 pieces, I have done in
    20. His is more accurate, but the mask that I have has been skinned to offer relief on the small intricate pieces that would frustrate me. I try to make models that someone can get instant satisfaction in building. You should be able to build this Vader in a few hours from head to helmet. LOL
  8. culpster

culpster Member

Update before starting cape and arms

This will be last update until next week, got some things to do.

Attached Files:

9. culpster

culpster Member

Getting Closer....

Ended up getting the next hardest part done, the arms. I hate doing arms!
    I changed the colors on the face a bit to make it match the other features, added another lit lightsaber. I will work on the gloves a bit to get them to be more like Vaders. But the major work is done on the overall features of the arm. The other arm will be a mirror which will take 10 minutes. I'll get the kilt and cape done next and move on to the legs to finish this off. Still have to get it polished up and then on to the test build.

Attached Files:

10. JanoNath

JanoNath New Member

Looks great. Let me know if you need a test builder. I would be happy to give it a try.
  11. culpster

culpster Member

Almost done

Legs finshed, only remaining items:
    Back of neck controls on helmet
    Capes
    Boots and Shinguards
    Darken the cod piece to almost black

Build it!

Attached Files:

12. Tirt

Tirt Member

looks very good!! :D
    is it available for download?
  13. culpster

culpster Member

Revamping and corrections being done

The black needed some tweeking, and I chose a different pose, but I am about to do a test build here this week or next. It should all come together pretty quick. When printed out it all seemed to run together. But the overall build was quite easy and good for most beginner to intermediate. Should be available soon after I finish the recolor on areas. I am also converting it to high resolution which is a minor change with maximum benefit.

Attached Files:

14. culpster

culpster Member

Here is a sneak peak

This is the simplicity that I am going for...

Attached Files:

15. culpster

culpster Member

Idea for the base....Always loved the carbon chamber scene

Attached Files:

16. JanoNath

JanoNath New Member

I like the base. I think it will go well.
  17. wedge

wedge Member

Another graet designer here ? You are doing great job :thumb: I´ll be watching your steps carefully :eek:
  18. ShadowKnight

ShadowKnight New Member

Great work! I've always said we need more figure kits. Keep up the design work.

ShadowKnight
  19. mb1701d

mb1701d New Member

Looks very cool ! How tall will it be when complete ?
  20. culpster

culpster Member

Depends...

The test build will stand 24". This is probably the scale that it will stay. The head is the deciding factor on this one. Probably could be done by intermediate to advanced at a 12" scale. The whole model is done and colored, just doing a test build and will add some extra items and tweak a few parts out because I am too anal (unfortunately). Those that will chose to build...24lb HP paper is the bomb for the body and parts, I am using card stock for base and Han in Carbonite. Refer to the build thread for updated info and pictures. I will be on vacation this week and will finally have a final version by the close of the coming week. I'll finish up Captain Rex after that.