Dar Pomorza - Maly Modelarz

Discussion in 'Ship & Watercraft Models' started by Juancho142, Apr 12, 2007.

1. Juancho142

Juancho142 Member

Hi, I´m New to this Forum. I´m from Uruguay and modelling has always been a hobby and since i discovered paper models even more!!!
    However in my country card modelling doesn´t exist, so I can´t buy the models from Maly modelarz and such. I download them from ***** and print them... i know it probably doesn´t have the best quality but it´s ok for me.:)
    I´ve just printed the Dar Pomorza and i was wondering if you´d give me some tips on how to build the masts, the rails, tips for the sails or whatever you can help me with:) I started building Maly´s Cutty Sark and quitted it... I never find paper Tall Ships Pics on the web so if you can also post some paper tall Ships you´ve built here it´d be great:grin:
    Thanks for the help:)

Juan
  2. gwssms

gwssms Member

Oh god, here we go again. Members of this forum do not condone downloading of copyrighted material so I do not think you will get any help. Perhaps someone would be willing to provide you with a legitimate copy of the model?
  3. Juancho142

Juancho142 Member

Oops... I´m sorry :oops:
    It´s just not a popular hobby here, not just in my country but also in closer ones like argentina or brazil. There is one guy on internet wich builds uruguayan paper models of uruguayan ships, but even people that build plastic models here don´t know about card modelling.
    I´m sorry, I didn´t mean to upset anybody and if I did so and should be banned from this forum I´ll understand.
    Thanks

Juan
  4. gwssms

gwssms Member

I don't think you'll be banned. I would just try to get your models from legitimate sources. There are thousands on the internet, many rivaling or surpassing commercial releases. I know of the Uraguayan Navy ships that you speak of, those are fairly nice looking, though I have never tried to build one. Do you know of the free downloads at Digital Navy? Those are some of the best available. Try here: http://www.digitalnavy.com/. What types of models other than ships are you interested in? I'm sure we can steer you toward nice models of any type you can imagine.
  5. gwssms

gwssms Member

I don't think you'll be banned. I would just try to get your models from legitimate sources. There are thousands on the internet, many rivaling or surpassing commercial releases. I know of the Uraguayan Navy ships that you speak of, those are fairly nice looking, though I have never tried to build one. Do you know of the free downloads at Digital Navy? Those are some of the best available. Try here: http://www.digitalnavy.com/. What types of models other than ships are you interested in? I'm sure we can steer you toward nice models of any type you can imagine.
  6. BARX2

BARX2 Member

Juancho142, look in the forum called Internet Finds. You'll see links to lots of free models you can download.
  7. BARX2

BARX2 Member

Juancho142, look in the forum called Internet Finds. You'll see links to lots of free models you can download.
  8. Juancho142

Juancho142 Member

Thanks for the tip:)
    I know most of the free models out there. Those are pretty amazing, for example I´ve built ymjr´s McLaren M8 and the Lancia Stratos and these models are just amazing. I´ve also made free fiddlers green samples and lots of cars. I also know about digital navy and the ambrose ship looks great. But what made me download models in this way(once again i´m sorry, no mean to offend anybody) was that all my life i was a H U G E fan of Tall Ships, the cutty sark, the victory, and such, specially clippers (I´ve always wanted to design by myself a model of the 4 masted bark Forteviot), but there aren´t much free models of these type of ships. I tried to get the maly modelarz models or the fly models anyway i could but there was no way, so i recurred to this way. If there was another way i could get them i would, besides i think the paper quality must be much better on a real model, but it´s the only way i have to make these amazing models. If you guys on the forum can find some free, well detailed model of this kind it´d be amazing!!!
    Thanks.
    Sorry, i start talking and i just can´t stop:)

Juan
  9. Juancho142

Juancho142 Member

Thanks for the tip:)
    I know most of the free models out there. Those are pretty amazing, for example I´ve built ymjr´s McLaren M8 and the Lancia Stratos and these models are just amazing. I´ve also made free fiddlers green samples and lots of cars. I also know about digital navy and the ambrose ship looks great. But what made me download models in this way(once again i´m sorry, no mean to offend anybody) was that all my life i was a H U G E fan of Tall Ships, the cutty sark, the victory, and such, specially clippers (I´ve always wanted to design by myself a model of the 4 masted bark Forteviot), but there aren´t much free models of these type of ships. I tried to get the maly modelarz models or the fly models anyway i could but there was no way, so i recurred to this way. If there was another way i could get them i would, besides i think the paper quality must be much better on a real model, but it´s the only way i have to make these amazing models. If you guys on the forum can find some free, well detailed model of this kind it´d be amazing!!!
    Thanks.
    Sorry, i start talking and i just can´t stop:)

Juan
  10. Amazyah

Amazyah Senior Member

Juan,
    In my opinion, you need to spend just a little bit of money and order what you want the legitimate way.
    The way your doing it, it is the equivalent of stealing.
    Russell
  11. Amazyah

Amazyah Senior Member

Juan,
    In my opinion, you need to spend just a little bit of money and order what you want the legitimate way.
    The way your doing it, it is the equivalent of stealing.
    Russell
  12. Alcides

Alcides Member

Hello Juan

I'm from Argentina so I know your problem. I was able to order some printed models from some sites like papermodelstore.com but you need at least some international credit card or a paypal account. If I can help you just send a pm.

Regards
    Alcides
  13. Alcides

Alcides Member

Hello Juan

I'm from Argentina so I know your problem. I was able to order some printed models from some sites like papermodelstore.com but you need at least some international credit card or a paypal account. If I can help you just send a pm.

Regards
    Alcides
  14. sdk2knbk

sdk2knbk Guest

-----

Thanks, Juan.

Scott K.
  15. sdk2knbk

sdk2knbk Guest

-----

Thanks, Juan.

Scott K.
  16. Juancho142

Juancho142 Member

Ok thanks:grin:
    I thought about ordering but I don´t have a credit card, that´s why I can´t buy them, or anything on internet. I´ve always wanted to buy the meteor sail boat of Schreiber Bogen. If i ever get a credit card i´ll buy one or a Shipyard victory.:roll: But for now this is all i can do. But of course i respect the bylaws and principles of this forum and I won´t post pics or mention about these ships i´ve made.
    Once again I´m sorry for having brought this up:oops:
    BTW: Is there a program i can use to design a paper model?

Juan
  17. Juancho142

Juancho142 Member

Ok thanks:grin:
    I thought about ordering but I don´t have a credit card, that´s why I can´t buy them, or anything on internet. I´ve always wanted to buy the meteor sail boat of Schreiber Bogen. If i ever get a credit card i´ll buy one or a Shipyard victory.:roll: But for now this is all i can do. But of course i respect the bylaws and principles of this forum and I won´t post pics or mention about these ships i´ve made.
    Once again I´m sorry for having brought this up:oops:
    BTW: Is there a program i can use to design a paper model?

Juan
  18. Amazyah

Amazyah Senior Member

My name is not Juan.:wink:
  19. Amazyah

Amazyah Senior Member

My name is not Juan.:wink:
  20. Juancho142

Juancho142 Member

My name is Juan