Danscrew's grey BSG Raptor

micahrogers

Moderator "Where am I, and how did I get here?"
Staff member
where did you find the LED's at? I can get "hobby" LED's in single or 5 packs but they only have 3 mm and 5 mm so small ones are hard to find.

Danscrew

Danscrew
''Galactica...Raptor 1736 ready for take-off......Ok Raptor 1736...all the systems are green.....take-off granted !''

Attachments

• Montage1.jpg
    Montage1.jpg
    182.6 KB · Views: 26
  • Montage.jpg
    Montage.jpg
    155 KB · Views: 26

Vince

Wow, a mix of both of my hobbies: Paper Models and Christmas lights! Far more talent than my clubby fingers possess, thanks for sharing with us (SO SAY WE ALL!).

BTW, in your 11/27 photo I see a Space 1999 Eagle peeking out of the corner of the photo. One of the models on my bucket list. Is that one lighted too?

Maverick65

Great job! Thanks for sharing your build and for the idea of battery powered lights. Funny how sometimes the simplist solutions elude us. I'm gonna pick me up some of those LED lights this weekend. Should be easy to find this time of year. Thanks again for sharing your build, keep up the good work.

Rhaven Blaack

!!!THE MAN BEHIND THE CURTAIN!!!
Staff member
Administrator
You have done a PHENAMINAL job on this model.
I like how you did the armour plating as well.
The lighting looks AMAZING!
It would be easy to hide the battery pack inside the stand.

KUDOS to you on a FINE JOB WELL DONE!!!

Danscrew

Danscrew
A BIG thanks to you all of my friends.

All your comments give me good energy for the realization of my next BSG project..... The Colonial movers.....The Colonial one......The Gemini freighter..... I dont know.....So new thread to come.

I would like to built the BSG Pegasus just like my Galactica(http://www.zealot.com/forum/showthread.php?t=171248) with full of details and lights but not the one that we can download right now from the web. So if somebody knows if a new model is on the way....just let me Know.

For Vince :
My Space 1999 Eagle was my first build and the lights idea come after. My first build with lights was the BSG Galactica (see above thread).

For micahrogers :
I found these pack at a local store and, for me, it's available only at this time of year (Xmas stuff).

Thank's again !

leofirebrand

very impressive. I always want to add LED's but pass because of how much work they can be. Your hard work paid off as it really makes your model look amazing.

DanBKing

Dan the Man
Very nice build. Well done.!!

You inspire me to get my butt in gear and finish my MedEvac version.!

Revell-Fan

Co-Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
hamrhamrhamr That is frakking crazy!!! hamrhamrhamr

What a great result! Your Raptor is a beauty! I really think we must speed up working on the interior..!

But for now: One of the best Raptor builds I have seen so far! The LEDs really make it "shine"!

Congratulations!

:wave: aussie :wave:

mcusanelli

Hey everyone,
When I saw how awesome this build is, and the battery powered led light system, I knew I had to try them out. I found that Walmart carries them, a set of 20 lights, powered by 3 AA batteries, and they come in colors, or white, for about $5 bucks! I'd recommend getting them before the Holiday season is out. Haven't checked Target yet, but they might carry them as well. Considering what some modelers are spending on lighting systyems for their builds, this is a very nice alternative.
Mike

trt

I picked some up at the local 'Poundstretcher' for £1.99. That is stretching a pound.

"Other stores selling prodcuts for a similar value are available"

And completely off topic found this? Does it look familiar?

Attachments

• P1020208.jpg
    P1020208.jpg
    179.3 KB · Views: 12
  • P1020209.jpg
    P1020209.jpg
    114.5 KB · Views: 10
Z

Zathros

I picked some up at the local 'Poundstretcher' for £1.99. That is stretching a pound.

"Other stores selling prodcuts for a similar value are available"

And completely off topic found this? Does it look familiar?

Those must be the most perfect looking paper Lego squares I have ever seen, Incredible!! :mrgreen: