Danbury Railfair 2003

Peirce

Dec 28, 2000
Southbury, CT, USA
www.geocities.com
Originally thought I would not be able to get there because I was working on a Special Olympics event. Luckily, we finished early and I was able to get to the DRM by mid-afternoon. I will have some pictures in a few days.

It looked like a great day. The weather certainly cooperated. Although I moved around a lot to get my pictures, you might have seen me. I spent about two hours in the cab of the E9, answering questions about that unit. I would be interested to know if any of you stopped by during that time.

Bill Pontin

Oct 14, 2001
Milford, CT
Visit site
The Valley NTrak was there and had a great time. We had a fair size display with our modules - 16 ft x 26 ft. Here several members are taking a break before the doors open to the public.

Attachments

• mvc-002s.jpg
    mvc-002s.jpg
    38.7 KB · Views: 63

Bill Pontin

Oct 14, 2001
Milford, CT
Visit site
Yes, my grandson was there. He is really pushing grandpa for his own module, engines and rolling stock. (He is not going to have to push that hard)

Attachments

• mvc-013s.jpg
    mvc-013s.jpg
    36.7 KB · Views: 64

Bill Pontin

Oct 14, 2001
Milford, CT
Visit site
We were all there by seven in the morning, completed setup and had trains running on all three lines by the 10 AM public opening. Breakdown started at 3 PM, we broke down, packed up and were on the road home at four. Here Charlie breaks down one of the clubs corner module for packing. The club is making new corner modules and I should post progress pictures there. You will all be interested in what we are doing there.

Attachments

• mvc-016s.jpg
    mvc-016s.jpg
    39 KB · Views: 55

Peirce

Dec 28, 2000
Southbury, CT, USA
www.geocities.com
Here are the first couple of pix from the railyard.

Always popular at the DRM Railfairs are the rides. Here are some fans who have just completed their ride on the RDC.
RDCPassengers1-vi.jpg

At the controls of RDC 32 -
RDCEngineer-vi.jpg

More of RDC 32 later.