Dakar vehicles

Discussion in 'Commercial & Civilian Vehicles' started by Mindaugas, Jan 18, 2006.

1. Bernie

Bernie Member

Bowdenja, Mindaugas, thank you for your nice words targeted to my models /will forward to them :)/

Let me give you a story how the pictures of Tatra "desert placed" were taken.
    I live in between Brno and Slavkov /Austerlitz - 1805 NapoleonĀ“s win in battle of 3 Kaisers/. Close to Austerlitz there is a golf court where clouse to hole nr 9 is a place where stored bunker-sand /simply stopped my car there and landed my Tatra on sand-dump and started to take a pictures. Of course golf-players finishing there their stage nr 9 did not absolutely understand what that guy is doing over there :).
  2. hpept

hpept Member

ehi bernie, i'm amazed at looking at your model on the dunes... the only thing it betrays it's a model is the sand grains size. :-o
    Wonderful model.
  3. Mindaugas

Mindaugas Member

Hello,

Everybody - thank you for comments and answers. Now I think, that I know everything I need to know. Thank you all!!

Bernie: I do really like your models! ;) And that story about dunes is very interesting :) I know the battle of Austerlitz very well, because recently I learnt about it during history lessons. I imagine, how interesting you looked, when making photos of the Tatra in dunes :twisted: :roll:
    I hope, that one day I will make a photo of Dakar model in my local sandbox..

By the way. These photos look like in real dunes. Those photographies are very professional.

I showed that Tatra to my friends and they were greatly amazed.

And.. every year I am going to ski in Tatry mountains.

Thats all. Good luck!
    --
  4. spida

spida New Member

hi
    This is mi new paper model
    Tatra 815 VT 26 265 8x8.1 DAKAR 88
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
  5. Fluke69

Fluke69 New Member