:D

goodduck

Jul 25, 2010
Oh, look. I’m up to no good again. The Dabohaze, Mamma Aiuto's seaplane. I had been flying that boat in FS2002 for several days now. Taking off the water is easy, trying to land without crashing is something else. …. actually, come to think of it, several years of FS. I never landed anything without crashing ….. :D.

So I was going to dip up the file I was working on years ago and see how far I got….. and I realized I never did started that project. So here it goes, I screengrab the boat in FS2002 for templates. As usual, none of the reference from dvd, art of books, scale aviation magazine hooks up at all. That’s nothing new. If it actually hook up, I would think something wrong :D

Attachments

• 01.jpg
    01.jpg
    155.9 KB · Views: 26
  • 02.jpg
    02.jpg
    147 KB · Views: 22
  • 03.jpg
    03.jpg
    98 KB · Views: 23
  • 04.jpg
    04.jpg
    74.3 KB · Views: 70
  • 05.jpg
    05.jpg
    74.1 KB · Views: 25
  • 06.jpg
    06.jpg
    85.6 KB · Views: 86
Reactions: Rhaven Blaack

goodduck

Jul 25, 2010
Did a little revision on the engine, vertical stabilizer and float. There are 3 ~4 versions of the engine, stabilizer and float in the film so I picked the version I like best and run with it. I’m sure down the road I will make more changes. I just need to rough things out right now.

Attachments

• 08.jpg
    08.jpg
    244.9 KB · Views: 16
  • 07.jpg
    07.jpg
    246.4 KB · Views: 15
Reactions: Rhaven Blaack

zathros

*****SENIOR ADMINISTRATOR*****
Staff member
Administrator
Apr 5, 2013
Oh that is so freakin' cool! I have two Savoia's printed out, they printed perfectly, but I don't have the ability with my hands yet to build them. Soon I will, I hope. This will be a beauty!! I love that movie. I really escape in it.

I land 747's at LaGuardia on FS9! I can land anything! I actually do the approach vectors and all. I did it in 200 feet visibility once! I did the same thing in a Piper Warrior, at DXR, in Danbury , Connecticut, but that was in a real plane! Couldn't see a damned thing, it was like being in a white light bulb. :)

goodduck

Jul 25, 2010
About ten - fifteen years ago I want to be done with the film industry and actually want to take a pilot license and be a commercial pilot flying maybe twin engines. But all that crashing in FS telling me flying real plane is a very bad idea for me. I'm over 50 now and too old for that, but, I still dreams.

Oh, I reworking Savoia's wing where the engine frame resting on..... WAS, I was working on it. Now that you brought that up I will get back on it...... too much stuff on my plate.

zathros

Staff member
Administrator
Apr 5, 2013
Alen, stay with single engine, fixed landing gear planes, and you find they are easier to fly than a car. If you can drive a motorcycle, you can fly a plane. I stopped because of medical reasons, and a big hole in my pocket. It is easy though. I soloed in 16 hrs. If you can do it, do it. You will never regret it, and age is a plus, because you're aware of your mortality. :)

Rhaven Blaack

!!!THE MAN BEHIND THE CURTAIN!!!
Staff member
Administrator
Jun 12, 2009
Oregon
www.deviantart.com
I would love to be a pilot, but being 6' 6", I am too tall and can not fit in the cockpit.
I even have problems fitting in many cars as well.

This plane is nicely taking shape.

goodduck

Jul 25, 2010
Well, my mortality is exactly why I sold my GSXR650 and FZR650 15 years ago. I don’t have money to go learn to fly now, I need to put my kids to colleges. Back Then I really feel the need to get out the office and get a nice job that I can work out side and get to travels. But…. be in the cockpit would be in even smaller office… :D

The cockpit of that boat is not so easy to make as I had thought. And looking at the wing I think I need to reshape the wing again. Actually, I will need to redo a whole lot of things.

zathros

Staff member
Administrator
Apr 5, 2013
Flying in a small (4 passenger) plane is like putting on a flying suit and soaring through the heavens. I still have my GS750ES. Purchased her new in 1983 and I still have my CB400F, I purchased that new in 1975. They weren't worth enough at the time to make any difference, I had a good job. Now I keep them. I ride close to the edge. Safe, but I scrape the pegs. I have so many Spinal Cord injuries, and none were from my motorcycles, or flying, or sailing, for that matter. I could single handle a 10 meter Pearson, with a 12 foot beam. Those days are long past, and the sand is running out.

I got pulled over, @300 feet by a A-10 Warthog. Scariest flight of my life, and one of the most exhilarating. Small misunderstanding that could have turned me into dust.

I am happy you are doing this plane. I think I am going to watch Porco Rosso tomorrow, just for some peace of mind. :)

dabohaze02.jpg

goodduck

Jul 25, 2010
Hey, I did sailing too, around late 99 early 2000. Started with class 470 at Marina Del Rey, CA. Took classes from a sailing school to make sure I know what I am doing. My wife paid for the lessons just to get me out of the house away from my computer. I was taught to pilot a 45’ Hunter sailboat, that was a lot and lot of fun! I had a great job back then, and I was looking to purchase a 47’ Hunter so I can get tax write off as a second home. Then the studio lost tons of money and everything goes to hell for everybody. I'm sure I can still pilot a boat, just don’t remember all the terminology.

I am busy finishing up my submarine 707R model right now. Numbering all the parts is a pain. And then I have to do instruction too. I hope to have at least six kits ready so I can attend a IPMS sometime this year. I really want to go to one just don’t have any finish kits to take wit me to show and to sell. I’m planning to print only 50 each because all the subjects are unlicensed anime stuff. If I can sell enough to pay for the trip that would really make great trip for me.

This Dabohaze boat …. I’m going to stat from bottom up again. The more I look at my model the less I like the shape.

Rhaven Blaack

!!!THE MAN BEHIND THE CURTAIN!!!
Staff member
Administrator
Jun 12, 2009
Oregon
www.deviantart.com
@goodduck I wish you all the best of luck with the IPMS. I hope that it is a success for you!

I am sorry that you have to start this model over again. I can imagine how frustrating that is.
Good luck with the second go round. I wish and hope that it turns out the way you want it.

goodduck

Jul 25, 2010
Finally!!! After all these years, the cover is done! Done! I'm taking this baby with me to IPMS...... one of this day. Just need to do the instructions for the kit and I can move on. :D ……. Nooooooo! ….. the instructions….. >.<

Attachments

• 0_Cover_TEST.jpg
    0_Cover_TEST.jpg
    442.6 KB · Views: 18

zathros

Staff member
Administrator
Apr 5, 2013
Piloting and flying is like bicycle riding, you get rusty, but once you have learned certain things, like no chasing "Apparent Wind" (use the Telltales!), and mastering the "Flare" when landing, it all comes right back to you. I didn't know you were a biker too. I never could sell my bikes. I used them too much! :)

goodduck

Jul 25, 2010
I got way too many close call. A lots of drivers are out there just to kill you. If wasn't for the motorcycle school I took. I would be 6ft underground many time over. I have to force myself to slow down too. So I 1/2 traded 1/2 sold the FZR to my friend for his race track ready 911 Carrera. I did slow down a bit. :D

zathros

Staff member
Administrator
Apr 5, 2013
That 911 is just as dangerous, if not more so!! You deceive yourself, but you do whatever you want, it's you life, and you know what to do, and what's best for you. :)