D&rgw 5507

Discussion in 'The Real Thing- North America' started by Greg Elems, Apr 10, 2003.

1. Greg Elems

Greg Elems Member

Well, this is one of two left unsoiled by the UP patches. It headed for Roseville today from Sparks going over Donner Pass.

Greg Elems

Attached Files:

2. BDC

BDC Member

It's always good to see a untouched Rio Grande unit, even if I can't be there in person. They're getting harder and harder to find too.
  3. Bob Collins

Bob Collins Active Member

Greg;

Just curious, what sort of grade do you pull on the Donner Pass? I don't think I've ever seen anything written about it in an article like you do with Cajon Pass or Sherman Hill in WY.

Bob
  4. Greg Elems

Greg Elems Member

IIRC the grade over Donner is 1.5% - 2%. I will have to ask a friend who has a profile.

This shot is the DRGW 5507 leaving Sparks on the 9th of April. Again a grab shot, from the engine I was using to switch with.

Greg Elems

Attached Files:

5. interurban

interurban Active Member

Hi Greg I hope you dont mind but I did a bit of work on that great picture of yours.
    give me a thrashing If you wont:( :( :D

Attached Files:

6. Greg Elems

Greg Elems Member

Chris, nice job lightening it up. My version was straight from the digital camera. What did you use to make it easier to see?

Greg Elems
  7. interurban

interurban Active Member

Hi Greg, Dave Hagen posted a link for a free program to help us downsize photos , that program does a lot more than that , I use it every day for one thing or another , like all my folders for qiuck slide shows croping ect.
    I will find the post and bring it back to the top in Photograph and .scenary
    Then you can have a good look at it .:p

Hi Greg I have just done it;) ;) :p enjoy.