D M & E

Discussion in 'Getting Started' started by Bob Collins, Apr 19, 2002.

1. Bob Collins

Bob Collins Active Member

Just curious as to whether or not anyone has ever seen anything modeling the DM&E (Dakota, Minnesota and Eastern)? It is a real 1100 mile regional line that has aquired (pending) the 1700 mile I & M Rail Link and will form the Iowa, Chicago and Eastern to take over the IMRL assets.

I don't think I've seen anything in any gauge for any of the aforementioned lines, have any of you?

Bob
  2. Drew1125

Drew1125 Active Member

Sorry Bob,
    I looked, but couldn't find anything in Walthers HO.
  3. Bob Collins

Thanks Charlioe.

It peaked my interest because it is the sort of terrain I am looking to use on my layout and I thought it might be fun to do. I think I'd have to become proficient at decal removal and replacement:D :D

Bob
  4. DM&E Covered Hoppers

See N Scale Supply's website. According to it, PWRS has had InterMountain make a run of DM&E grain covered hoppers PWRS usulally does their special runs in both HO and N.
  5. Bob Collins

Thanks very much Gregg. I appreciate the info.

Bob
  6. Bob Collins

Gregg;

I checked out the PWRS website and they have lots of goodies on there including several sets of DM&E covered hoppers. Thanks again.

Bob
  7. alkcnw

alkcnw Member

In the newest Model Railroader mag. Athearns has a Trinity covered hopper in DM&E'S yellow and blue colors. In the feedmill where I work the CP tracks run about 20 feet from the building, I see many DM&E hoppers and box cars go by each day.:eek: