Czech Web translations

Discussion in 'General Card Modeling' started by Johnfiat, Jan 18, 2007.

1. Johnfiat

Johnfiat New Member

Has anyone found a good Czech to English website translator for free or very little money?

John Whitney
    Wis X 1/9
    &
    Lotus 61 FF
  2. rickstef

rickstef Guest

3. BARX2

BARX2 Member

Do you use Firefox web browser? I use the FoxLingo Add-On for Firefox available here https://addons.mozilla.org/firefox/2444/

It's very easy to use and you can even set it up to automatically translate pages when you visit them with your browser, but I prefer to start up the translation manually.
  4. Johnfiat

Johnfiat New Member

Need Help

I have tried the different language translators and still getting gibberish. What an I doing wrong, or are there some other things I can try?

John Whitney
    Wis X 1/9
    &
    Lotus 61 FF
  5. rickstef

rickstef Guest

well grammatically yes you will get gibberish, but if i translate something, i usually can read between the lines to get an idea what they are trying to say

can you give an example of text you want translated?

Rick
  6. Johnfiat

Johnfiat New Member

translation

For on site, YMjr.cz

Galerie
    Vložil ymjr, Po, 22/01/2007 - 11:27
    Tak jsem se pokusil rozběhat na stránkách galerii obrázků. Zatím tedy jen jedno album. Při prohlížení alba se vám zobrazí možnost registrace do galerie, ale v soušasnosti registraci uživatelů ještě nepřijímám. Ale pokud by pro vás byla možnost registrace a přidávání vlastních alb do obsahu webu zajímavá, neváhejte a napište.
    » blog uživatele ymjr | Přidat komentář

Using InterTran it translated to:

Gallery
    VloĹľil ymjr, About, 22/01/2007 1127:
    Now jsem to attempt rozbÄ›hat within stránkách gallery obrázkĹŻ. ZatĂm why solely mono album. PĹ™i prohlĂĹľenĂ albatross to vám scheme moĹľnost registration up gallery, however within soušasnosti registration uĹľivatelĹŻ ještÄ› nepĹ™ijĂmám. However so long as by sake vás byla moĹľnost registration plus pĹ™idávánĂ vlastnĂch alb up area webu zajĂmavá, neváhejte plus napište.
    » blog uĹľivatele ymjr | PĹ™idat komentář

I understand the grammer differences. What an I doing wrong?

Johnfiat
    Wis X 1/9
    &
    Lotus 61 FF
  7. rickstef

rickstef Guest

hmm, are you using the right translation dictionary?

because I got this using the Czech (CP1250) on the Langenberg site

Gallery
    Put into ymjr , About , 22/01/2007 1127:
    Now jsem to attempt start within aspect gallery vignette. Meantime why solely mono album. With viewing albatross to you scheme vantage registration up gallery , however within soušasnosti registration user stilly stand away. However so long as by sake you byla vantage registration plus give an encore proprietary alb up area webu piquancy neváhejte plus strains.
    » blog user ymjr | Subjoin remark

there are some problems with the way the software handles certain words

Rick
  8. maaaslo

maaaslo New Member

So I tried to make that picture gallery working{on page}. At the moment, there is only one album working. When you are browsing the album, an option for registration for gallery appears. However, in a meantime, im not accepting any user registrations. If you are interested for registering and adding your own picture album at this page, do not hesitate and write me.

That is correct translation. Thing with programs for translating from one language to anothes is, that they will never know how to translate it correctly. Czech language is one of the hardest to learn {for an englishman or english speaking man} because of its grammathic. its absolutly different.
    If someone needs help with translating of instuctions from czech/polish to english, I can help. just write me a message with text you want to translate
    to : palokiller at q3arena.com. of course, I am not able to translate whole texts or whole books, but any help is handy, isnt it?
    so bye
  9. Johnfiat

Johnfiat New Member

Thank you

Thank you for the offer. I am new to card modeling. I am trying to find similar models and build them first. I then get as much information from the Czech to English translation and work my way through it. I might have to try each one a couple of times, but I still find it fun and a challenge. This is my inexpensive hobby. I race sports car during the warm months. If I find something I really need to get translated, I will ask you for the help. Thank you very much for the offer.

John Whitney
    Wis X 1/9
    &
    Lotus 61 FF
  10. Mark_1984

Mark_1984 Guest

I've just tried Google's Translation tools, and it seems the best I've used so far. Unfortunately it doesn't translate Czech, but it does do Japanese and Korean.

http://www.google.com/language_tools

Cheers
    Mark