Cylon helmet Ceta builders required...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stev0

Wow... please tell me we are going to install some red moving LEDs in the eye socket.

'By You Command'

*bows*

So the postboard from Michels's works good :)
i thought it would !! that why a posted about a while back i know what i'am picking up this week.........

ps . allhallowseve31 kicks BazookaJo in butt too finsh's faster :)

E

ekuth

Question, Bazooka:

Parts F1/F2 and G1/G2... where the devil do these go? :-? :-? :-?

Admittedly, I'm nowhere's near done yet, but I can't seem to figure out where/what these attach to. Especially tabs C and A...

Maybe it will become clear as I get further along, but thought I'd ask now. :-D

Red

little help

What I did to get the parts to stick together was peel the mirror off the parts that were to be glued together then the white paper glue worked good and no gluing myself to the model.:grin:
And the f2 & G2 rap to the bottom of the model.

BazookaJo

allhallowseve said:
So the postboard from Michels's works good :)
i thought it would !! that why a posted about a while back i know what i'am picking up this week.........

ps . allhallowseve31 kicks BazookaJo in butt too finsh's faster :)

I thought someone had mentioned Micheals before. Sorry Ekuth but AHE gets the prize for discovering the card :grin:

And consider my butt kicked - It's my primary objective ATM - but man is it fiddly job. One day I want to be so good with the 3D that I never have to eyeball engineer ever again :(

+ Red is correct. Those parts form the bottom rim of the helmet. That's why I like these forums - everyone ready to lend a hand :)

Regards

Paul.

E

ekuth

ekuth said:
I found some BEAUTIFUL gold mirror card at Michaels crafts (not sure if it's the same as one of the previous posters noted) for $4.75 a sheet.

Hehe. Like I said in my initial post, I read it here first, so I'm not claiming credit. :-D

Ron Caudillo

Creative Advisory Consultant
Staff member
Michaels Mirror Card

Hi all,
I'm having trouble locating mirror card from Michaels. I went to thier web site and searched for "mirror card", but no matches were found. Is there an SKU number for this product? Thanks!

Best Regards,
Ron Caudillo

E

ekuth

Here's the info off the card:

Strathmore
Chromolux Mirri Sheets
19.5 in x 26 in.

Made in the United Kingdom

Part # 452-10 (this is the gold, no idea what the silver is)

SKU: 012017452109

Hope that helps!

Red

Mirror Card

Ron Caudillo said:
Hi all,
I'm having trouble locating mirror card from Michaels. I went to thier web site and searched for "mirror card", but no matches were found. Is there an SKU number for this product? Thanks!

Best Regards,
Ron Caudillo
Hobby Lobby is where I picked up my mirror card it was a 19.5" X 26" and cost about $5 to $6 a sheet if I remember.
Well Im getting a little closer to welding this thing together. then I will have to grind the welds, then sand smooth and polish to a shine.
Then find some one to tell me how to make the diod eye to complete it. :twisted:
So if there is electrician that can tell me what part and where to buy,and how to put it together please pm me.:yep:

B-Manic

Peripheral Visionary
>> Some led kits/projects that fit the bill

http://www.evilmadscientist.com/article.php/CylonOLantern
http://www.attiny.com/kitt.htm

>> Fun stuff that could be hacked to work

http://www.uncrate.com/men/gear/misc-gadgets/thinkgeek-usb-snowbot/
http://www.flashingblinkylights.com/Light-Up-Bracelets/
-------------------------------------------------

Red said:
Hobby Lobby is where I picked up my mirror card it was a 19.5" X 26" and cost about $5 to $6 a sheet if I remember.
Well Im getting a little closer to welding this thing together. then I will have to grind the welds, then sand smooth and polish to a shine.
Then find some one to tell me how to make the diod eye to complete it. :twisted:
So if there is electrician that can tell me what part and where to buy,and how to put it together please pm me.:yep:

E

ekuth

I'm building the eye from the Cylon Pumpkin project now- I'll let you guys know how it turns out. 8)

MOS95B

ekuth said:
I'm working on that...
Don't you have other things you should be working on, ekuth???

space105_mini.jpg

:) This project looks awesome!! Definitely gonna have to try it once y'all get the kinks ironed out.....

BazookaJo

B-Manic said:

Nice one B-Manic.

Something like those flashing bracelets would be ideal if they could be hacked easily.

As for the Jack-O-Lantern it seems a little advanced for me - maybe if someone here was to do a complete walkthrough for chumps like me with extra tips on which way round to hold the soldering iron etc.

Ron Caudillo

you won't find it on the site ... when go to the store look for postboard its $4.75 they have gold and sliver i 'am pick myself up some this week

MOS95B

Yes, the Michael's web site is definitely not all inclusive. They may not be the best source of hobby products, but if you have one close, you definitely have to go roam the aisles in person. I find something new every time I go in there...

Ron Caudillo

Creative Advisory Consultant
Staff member
Thanks all!

I appreciate the information on the mirror card at Michaels. I go there every once in a while but have not thought to look for it there. I just have to brave the New Jersey traffic now!

Best to all,
Ron Caudillo

E

ekuth

Provided I can actually get the circuit to work, I'll post a "how-to" and make it really simple.

Which it definately is NOT. I start to see why people charge alot to make these. :cry:

Status
Not open for further replies.