Cylon Armor (Original Series) - MADE OF REAL METAL!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Red

May 1, 2007
usa
Im Hopping to be able to complete the hole costume:mrgreen:

Part 9.1.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
E

ekuth

As an update, I'm currently test building the BETA of the chest armor piece. This puppy has been a real job for Bazookajo and I to work the kinks out of, let me tell you...

I'll post some pics when I'm done... :mrgreen:

CJTK1701

Banned
Dec 12, 2006
As an update, I'm currently test building the BETA of the chest armor piece. This puppy has been a real job for Bazookajo and I to work the kinks out of, let me tell you...

I'll post some pics when I'm done... :mrgreen:

WHOOT! Can't wait.:mrgreen:

Red

May 1, 2007
usa
Well the new series said that they were part Synthetic part machaine
so a little of both :mrgreen:

CJTK1701

Banned
Dec 12, 2006
Well, I just lucked out, my wife came home with some chrome card board and said, "Can you use this?" to which I cautiously replied..... "Yeah, maybe.."

Don't ya love when you can get one over on the wife? I Do!

Red

May 1, 2007
usa
If any one try’s to do it in mettle start with the neck parts first and then the backpack it will go together allot easier. :D

Pic 12.jpg

BazookaJo

Apr 2, 2006
UK
www.bazookajo.me.uk
Dude - you are going to look like one funky Cylon when you're done :thumb:

Seriously Red - looking real good from the pics. What I love about it as well is that the whole thing has a touch of Steampunk about it.

Great work m8

P.S. Chest won't be long now all being well :twisted:

CJTK1701

Banned
Dec 12, 2006
If any one try’s to do it in mettle start with the neck parts first and then the backpack it will go together allot easier.:mrgreen:

Wow, Red, that looks awesome. What are you using the weld the aluminum, Oxy-Acetylene, Heli-Arc or plasma?

You've really put a lot into this.:thumb:

Red

May 1, 2007
usa
I am Tac welding with the sigma 1st then going back Heli-Arc and then rough grind then sand then a finish sand and then polish.
I need to add some lights to the control panel on the back pack when it is done, and then go to the fabric store and see if i can find the stuff to make the jump suit that was worn under the armour and then find a pair of black cowboy boots to put some aluminum tape on the heals and toes.
thats the plan :D

1.jpg

Red

May 1, 2007
usa
Thank you I will chek Walley world :D
here some more pics
I am Tac welding with the sigma 1st On the Inside then going back and Heli-Arc the outside and then rough grind then sand then
heli - arc the cracks wall1 then sand then sand again and again working up to 2000 grit finish sand and then polish.hamr alot of work :wink:

Pic 14.jpg

E

ekuth

Actually, MOS, the boots are by the Georgia company and the model is called "Linesman". They show up on Ebay from time to time, but are tough to find. Biker boots are not accurate, but probably close enough and easier to find... :mrgreen:

Red

May 1, 2007
usa
I was able to put 7 more hours in to this :D and now im ready to do some more sanding when i get it home. thumbsup

smoe of the guys at work seemed interested in the hole cylon thing i told them to chek out your web site bazookajo and Zealot.com for other models

pic 19.jpg

CJTK1701

Banned
Dec 12, 2006
Look stunning Red, great job, I'm truly impressed with what you've done to this. you need to make an extended mediums thread!:thumb:

Red

May 1, 2007
usa
well i got it home today. :D
did a littel sanding took a brake came back and my son had it on sign1
it still needs more sanding befor it can be polish.:rolleyes:
now I need to get started on the chess plate thumbsup
Paper first though it works better so you know what you need to change to make it work in mettle :D

pic 20.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.