Cylinder/piston replacement on T-15 help

Discussion in 'RC Onroad Forum' started by TCrox, Aug 1, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. redheat

redheat Member

Damn got a buggie, I was looking at those X bugs some time ago ,cant beat the price, what this I hear about a runaway havent you learned your lesson lol, See now thats why you need 2or 3,4,5,6,7 cars or truckslol, RED
  2. TCrox

TCrox Member

LOL turns out the crash ruined the crystals... can't get more then 10 feet away before it takes off! More money lol
  3. redheat

redheat Member

Now crystals what the #@$% go out and get a hole new Tx,Rx, MX3 has three channels and is easy to set up, RED
  4. TCrox

TCrox Member

Turns out it was the reciever. Got a new one, here's a pic of it jumping my RS4 :)

[​IMG]

Here's one of the longest we saw..
    [​IMG]

Havin a blast! This hobby rules!!
  5. redheat

redheat Member

Damn straight it rules , what the hecks up with you besides that crazy truck? Looks like you got the hang of true flight down, so whats next? RED
  6. TCrox

TCrox Member

My RS4 was running so well that I ripped a tire off of the rim (I usually over-glue my tires to prevent this!). Didn't help that it was almost 100 degrees out and I was on blacktop, but it's nice to have them both running at the same time! My brother and I are attemping to get a routine down that when he jumps I drive under him, hope to get a picture of it soon! The one above is just my car sitting there, I put some different tires on there and it was all over the road. I couldn't hold it straight once I hit 2nd gear. Trying out new shocks, the white springs on the rear were way too loose and forced me into a spin too many times.
  7. redheat

redheat Member

Well I'm into something new for me anyway called drifting ,sending a car side ways around the track like speed way racing on a bike but instead I'm using my TC3 with drift tires,first race this Sat. By the way cool pics , So how do you like the off road stuff, RED
  8. TCrox

TCrox Member

Taking some time to get used to rear wheel drive... high speed turns aren't on the list of things an off road buggy will perform good at. I haven't been to a track yet, I think this weekend I'm going up to Compton to mess around a little.

Man, I've been trying to get some drifting down on my RS4 3... I just can't find a place that has a smooth enough surface to pratice on. I got some low traction tires, but when I put those on and drive on the pavement I'm all over the place! I'm geared for taking off fast, makes it hard to control.

How did the race go??
  9. redheat

redheat Member

well first off youll need to get some drift tires there made by Yokomo and they come with 4 rings ,2 per tire I personally run 1 ring per tire on my TC3 ,so anyway try the tires talk about sliding it's a trip RED
  10. rockn82

rockn82 Marx Brother

For further reference to pull a sleeve out of a stubborn engine. Set the oven to 350 degrees and pop the engine in (make sure ALL meltable parts are off) for about 15 min. Take an old rag or hot pad holder (thats junk) and grab the engine (you have to do this quickly before the engine cools) use a flat scredriver and carefully pry up on the sleeve through the cover plate hole (what the recoil attaches to). You should end up with a gap at the top of the engine about 1/16" or 1/8". Basically just enough to get a screwdriver in and pry the sleeve out. Be carfull not to mangle anything with the screwdriver. The heat will help greatly and the sleeve should be put back in only when the engine has cooled COMPLETELY.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.