Cyclone/Mospeadea

Alcides

Your build is great !!! :grin:

but I'm in trouble :cry:. My boys see the build and they want one ( I've to build two!!!)

Are you going to share the model?

Regards
Alcides

Hey Getter1 Excellent work! I was reviewing the model from the designers and looking aroiund it to see how they overcame some "gaps that I ran into with one I tried to design some time ago. Looked so bad I scraped it. I was primarily looking at the head on yours. The back went together realy well. But just wondering, and yes everyone else I do realize is a beta build, but did something happen with the assembly on the top front? Looks like some gaps between the printing. I was just trying to see if there was a particular way that you had placed the tabs to glue together. As I noticed there are a lot of of faces on the model that you used to make it. Also, about how tall did it come out? And did you have to upscale it from the original at all? Just curious for my own designs.

Stev0

Would 1:8 or 1:16 be too big? Whats the scale now?

Edit: I just got an evil idea. 1:6 and use a Dragon Fig for the pilot.

Getter1

Alcides said:
Your build is great !!! :grin:

but I'm in trouble :cry:. My boys see the build and they want one ( I've to build two!!!)

Are you going to share the model?

Regards
Alcides

Yes I will share the model but I still have to get the parts that need correcting corrected. I also need to get the parts sheets laid out and I'm sure inctructions would be appreciated. It's not "as" scarry as it may look, but a few areas were a bit tricky.

G1

Getter1

Bad_Scorpion said:
Hey Getter1 Excellent work! I was reviewing the model from the designers and looking aroiund it to see how they overcame some "gaps that I ran into with one I tried to design some time ago. Looked so bad I scraped it. I was primarily looking at the head on yours. The back went together realy well. But just wondering, and yes everyone else I do realize is a beta build, but did something happen with the assembly on the top front? Looks like some gaps between the printing. I was just trying to see if there was a particular way that you had placed the tabs to glue together. As I noticed there are a lot of of faces on the model that you used to make it. Also, about how tall did it come out? And did you have to upscale it from the original at all? Just curious for my own designs.

Yeah the head top got a bit ugly on those gaps. There were a ton of folds to make there to achieve the proper curves and there was something of a key piece in the top crest of the head. It was late and I got into a rush to get it done (shame on me). The head was probably the hardest part of the entire build. The gaps might not have been so bad if I had colored the edges, but as you maentioned this was a Beta build and I didn't bother with fussing over edges on this run. Upping the scale will greatly improve the buildability of some areas.

G1

Getter1

Stev0 said:
Would 1:8 or 1:16 be too big? Whats the scale now?

Edit: I just got an evil idea. 1:6 and use a Dragon Fig for the pilot.

This model stands about 14cm and is roughly the same size as my 1/15 plastic model. I think 1/12 to 1/8 would be a good scale to build it in as the head and hands were pretty hard to assemble at this size.

Forgive my ignorance, but what's a dragon fig?

G1

R

rickstef

dragon > probably the manufacturer

fig > short for figure

but that is only a guess

Rick

Hey getter Update on the Alpha/Beta Legioss models. They are coming along slowly as myself and my builder find other issues with the assemblies. He is one heck of a builder anything I've asked him to rebuild he has. But we are both rather busy so taking time. Will post a seperate thread once we get closer and once we have a workable design will offer to you and a couple of others already picked out to build the real beta build. Don't worry those who have already asked are on the list. Plus, at this rate I'll end up having to ask someone else to do the graphics for it as I know I wont have time. Or the skill for that matter. Hey I'm just being honest.

By the way any progress on the alpha. I halted all work I had started on that one myself. I really want to see yours. Because even though you basically just threw it together it looks good. And in the words of many others for many other modrels. And all kids around the world,

"I WANT ONE! I WANT IT, I WANT IT I WANT IT!!!!!!!!!!!! NOW!!!!!! PLEASE!"

Had to edit my post and add.

I have models in the works for the
Excaliber MKVII
Gladiator MKIII
MAC III/ Destroid-Monster as some refer to it.
Raider X3
REF Battlepod 2
Spartan MKXIII
VF 1 J

If you or anyone else want the 3d models I'm used to work from for the pdo files then let me know via pm with your email please. By the way these are all high quality 3d models that I've used as a template for the pdo works I cyurrently have suspened projects for. Just want to see if more skilled designers want to tackle these and probably release something before I do. Just trying to do my little peice to give back to the coomunity.

Hey getter Update on the Alpha/Beta Legioss models. They are coming along slowly as myself and my builder find other issues with the assemblies. He is one heck of a builder anything I've asked him to rebuild he has. But we are both rather busy so taking time. Will post a seperate thread once we get closer and once we have a workable design will offer to you and a couple of others already picked out to build the real beta build. Don't worry those who have already asked are on the list. Plus, at this rate I'll end up having to ask someone else to do the graphics for it as I know I wont have time. Or the skill for that matter. Hey I'm just being honest.

By the way any progress on the alpha. I halted all work I had started on that one myself. I really want to see yours. Because even though you basically just threw it together it looks good. And in the words of many others for many other modrels. And all kids around the world,

Excaliber MKVII
Gladiator MKIII
Raider X3
REF Battlepod 2
Spartan MKXIII
VF 1 J

If you or anyone else want the 3d models I'm used to work from for the pdo files then let me know via pm with your email please. By the way these are all high quality 3d models that I've used as a template for the pdo works I cyurrently have suspened projects for. Just want to see if more skilled designers want to tackle these and probably release something before I do. Just trying to do my little peice to give back to the coomunity.

Excaliber MKVII
Gladiator MKIII
Raider X3
REF Battlepod 2
Spartan MKXIII
VF 1 J

Excaliber MKVII
Gladiator MKIII
Raider X3
REF Battlepod 2
Spartan MKXIII
VF 1 J

Excaliber MKVII
Gladiator MKIII
Raider X3
REF Battlepod 2
Spartan MKXIII
VF 1 J

Excaliber MKVII
Gladiator MKIII
Raider X3
REF Battlepod 2
Spartan MKXIII
VF 1 J

Excaliber MKVII
Gladiator MKIII
Raider X3
REF Battlepod 2
Spartan MKXIII
VF 1 J

Excaliber MKVII
Gladiator MKIII
Raider X3
REF Battlepod 2
Spartan MKXIII
VF 1 J

Excaliber MKVII
Gladiator MKIII
Raider X3
REF Battlepod 2
Spartan MKXIII
VF 1 J

Excaliber MKVII
Gladiator MKIII
Raider X3
REF Battlepod 2
Spartan MKXIII
VF 1 J

Excaliber MKVII
Gladiator MKIII
Raider X3
REF Battlepod 2
Spartan MKXIII
VF 1 J