CVR - The Birth of A Town

Will_annand

Jan 12, 2004
Huntsville, Ontario
www.muskokacomputes.com
Thanks Charles.

Well, I had a chance to work on the diorama again tonight, just putting a second coat of paint on the individual panels of the DPM kits. Tomorrow hopefully I can put the shades in the windows and maybe the interior shots in the buildings. then comes the gluing together and finally another series of photos.

After that there will be the detailing of the scene.

Will_annand

Jan 12, 2004
Huntsville, Ontario
www.muskokacomputes.com
It does not seem like I am getting much done. :eek:ops: sign1

Of course, the diorama does contain 11 structures, 15 stores if you count building one as 5 storefronts. Right now I am building 5 DPM kits at once. I am debating on using the "back walls" from the kit or just card stocking a fake back wall as right now it will not be seen, however, if I do detail the back, I can move it to a new layout and not care where it is placed... decisions, decisions. :D

Here are two photos from this morning, the diorama is back on the dining room table. I put it there when my wife lets me. fence1

Also, I have cropped one to show the upper floor details I added. Instead of lighting, I just put in curtains. :thumb:

Attachments

• CVR-112.jpg
    CVR-112.jpg
    62.8 KB · Views: 100
  • CVR-113.jpg
    CVR-113.jpg
    56.6 KB · Views: 101
  • CVR-112close.jpg
    CVR-112close.jpg
    36.7 KB · Views: 98

Will_annand

Jan 12, 2004
Huntsville, Ontario
www.muskokacomputes.com
Now listen here Doc!
Don't you go talkin' like that, son. We'uns here don't need no big city dudes tellin' us we iz Civy-lized.
We iz just plain country folks, don't need no Lec-trixity or horse-less buggies neither.

This here is only 1890... we done got us a big town here...
Why we are nigh on 1500 people, and we done give George Laidlaw $15,000.00 to get his steam trains to come here.

Why I would hazzard a guess that even in the next hundred and fifteen years that there wern't be moren' 25,000 people in Orangeville.

Doc Holliday

Oct 27, 2002
Big Valley, California
Now you just hold your horses there Will. Who you callin' a big city dude?

Actually, I didn't mean for you to get a bee in your bonnet. It's just that, compared to my little cow town of Defiance, (population unknown 'cause we can't count that high) Orangeville seems like a burgeoning metropoli! sign1
Doc

Will_annand

Jan 12, 2004
Huntsville, Ontario
www.muskokacomputes.com
More work completed and a new set of photos....

Still on the "To Do" list:

1. Boardwalk in front of stores.
2. Dirt road main street.
3. "green space" between main street and right of way.
3. Fence between green space and right of way.
4. Let the people move in.
5. set diorama on layout.

To refresh memories, this is a 7.5" wide x 36" long diorama.

Attachments

• Orangeville01.jpg
    Orangeville01.jpg
    46.9 KB · Views: 93
  • Orangeville02.jpg
    Orangeville02.jpg
    49.6 KB · Views: 92
  • Orangeville03.jpg
    Orangeville03.jpg
    54 KB · Views: 90
  • Orangeville04.jpg
    Orangeville04.jpg
    47.5 KB · Views: 89

Drew1125

Jan 28, 2001
Great work, Will!
That backdrop really adds to the scene!
:thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb:

Will_annand

Jan 12, 2004
Huntsville, Ontario
www.muskokacomputes.com
Time for an update...

YES, I did get time to work on the layout, well at least the Orangeville diorama.

So here is the photo results.

First, from left to right: Cafe, Men's Wear, Tobacconist, "Store For Rent", Barber and Baths, Resaurant (complete with awning) and just a glimpse of the Doctor's Office.

Orangeville06.jpg

Next we have: the "Store for Rent", the Restaurant, Doctor's Office, Gunsmith Shop, and a lady entering the Hardware Store.

Orangeville07.jpg

Again the Hardware Store, The Newspaper, a vacant lot, and half of the Saloon.

Orangeville08.jpg

Once again the vacant lot, Saloon, two ladies outside the Millinery shop, and a delivery to the General Store.

Orangeville09.jpg

Again, part of the Millinery shop, the General Store, the Bank and part of the large Town Hall.

Orangeville10.jpg

Is that cows in the street??? What kind of town is this, that cannot really have happened?

Orangeville11.jpg

Actually, here is a historical photo of Orangeville.

Orangeville-1880.jpg

Now for two close ups.

Orangeville12.jpg

Orangeville13.jpg

Still to do, is finish the boardwalk. Hope you enjoyed your walk down Broadway in Orangeville, Ontario circa 1900.