CVR gets an Engine House from RSlaserKits

Will_annand

Well, earlier in the week, Rich of RSlaserkits sent me a pre-production N Scale Engine house. I finally had time to work on it tonight.

I must say Rich does excellent work. The kit, so far has been a dream to put together. The instructions appear to be concise and complete. They are 6 pages total, five for construction and a page telling about the other kits that are available.

Here are a three photos of my progress so far:

First an overall shot of the work bench.

EngineHouse01.jpg

Next a closeup showing the insdie and the outside of the walls. The windows and doors come on an adhesive backed panel (in rear). They are easy to assemble and the "glass" sticks right on.

EngineHouse02.jpg

I have to agree with Paladin (from FreeRails.com), the digital camera picks up things your eye misses. For example, the left most windows on the right hand wall. I have had to realign them...

Lastly a shot of the page in the instructions giving you the "Part Numbers & Descriptions".

EngineHouse03.jpg

Also in the rear of the photos is my "Diorama For Photographing Completed Kits". It is still a work in progress.

Anyway, so far I love the kits from RSlaserKits, the ease of construction and quality are excellent. I will let you all know how it progresses.

Will_annand

Worked a bit more this morning on the old engine house.

EngineHouse04.jpg

Now it is startting to look like a structure.

EngineHouse05.jpg

I am really pleased with this kit. If you remember, I did recieve a single stall engine house from The "Robin Matthysen Collection". I however passed that engine house on to Mikey (N Gauger) as he and Robin both built one to the same plans.

Will_annand

Finished the shingles on the roof. So I put it on the new Photo Diorama to see how it looked.

Note: neither the engine house nor the diorama are finished, they are a work in progress.

EngineHouse06.jpg

There is still the roof vent and rooftop water tank to assemble for the engine house.

Will_annand

Thanks Dick, I was at the Midland Show over the weekend and been busy this week with clients orders, so I have not been able to back at it and finish it.

MasonJar

It's not rocket surgery
Will,

Missed this before - but shaping up to be a great addition to the CVR! Is this to represent the Orangeville facility?

I am going to have to try one of these "new" laser cut kits with the stick on parts. Mike Hamer has built a beautiful tower with a kit that employs "stick-on technology", and it has to be easier than the old laser kit I built...

Thanks for the review and the pics!

Andrew

Will_annand

Andrew, yes, I will be putting this on the Orangeville module. I have also modified the track on the Orangeville module.

Legend:
1. Witch's Hat Station
2. Crew House
3. Freight Station
4. Enclosed Water Tower
5. Coaling Station
6. Engine House
7. Stock Pens
8. Grain Elevator

Attachments

• Orangeville.jpg
    Orangeville.jpg
    29.9 KB · Views: 127

Will_annand

Finally, CVR Will has finished the Engine House. I can't get over what a great kit it is. Those guys at RSlaserkits did a fine job.

Here is the finished product:

EngineHouse07.jpg

And it didn't take long for the workers to get busy.

EngineHouse08.jpg

spyder62

Thanks for the kind words Will. But my kits are only as good as the builder and you did a fine job on it.
thanks
rich
RslaserkitS