Cutting wood

Wyomingite

Mar 16, 2002
Wyoming USA
Visit site
Hi Paul,

There are all kinds of neet tools on the market for cutting just about anything. A mini miter box for one with a razor saw would be one good tool. Try this great website for all kinds of mini tools which Tysen passed on to me a few weeks back. Also maybe your locol hobby shop or hardware has them. Try this first as I know you will want one of there catologs. http://www.micromark.com

Hope this helps you out. Ron :thumb: :thumb:

shaygetz

May 2, 2003
www.freewebs.com
Micromark is a great place for great tools. Don't forget to give places like Hobby Lobby and even Ace Hardware a try as well. Several of my modeling tools came from the $3.99 bin at Ace, the Dollar Days bin in WalMart and the Artist's supply section at Hobby Lobby. I've found that the humble single edge razor, retractable knife and those disposable snap blade knives are quite adequate for most heavy cutting found in modeling.

Pooh Bah
Mar 25, 2002
Brampton, Ontario, Canada
Visit site
Paul:
I've found that a sharp knife works up to a certain size, then you need a razor saw. The Chopper by NWSL is nice for some applications, but can give a non-square end. May depend on what your use is going to be.
Picking it up in both hands and breaking it over your knee is not recommended. :D

F

Fred_M

I use track nippers, nail clippers, razor saw, knife, dremell, table saw, miter saw, everything but a laser which I can't afford or make. Unlike 60103 I have even used my knee when I was making some log debris out of sticks from the yard.:) Now Micromark tools are nice, but cost more than I feel I can spend on a hobby tool. I wouldn't hesitate to borrow yours, but.... The one who maybe should answer is shamus. FRED:D