custom painting

Cadillac_SD9

Jan 2, 2006
Does anyone need a loco or rolling stock custom painted? Or how about building kits that need to be built aswell as kit bashed buildings and weathering. If so you can contact me at email:zem225@hotmail.com. Or visit my website at http://protopaintwest.googlepages.com/. I mainly focus on HO and N scale.

-Cadillac
(Kevin)

MilesWestern

Sep 20, 2005
CA
protopaintwest.googlepages.com
I'm also part of this Enterprise! Please support your fellow modelers, and send up a kit, and we don't cost you an arm or a leg! :)

WE ALSO DO ORDERING FOR KITS, LOCOMOTIVES, AND CARS! :cool: At low prices whenever possible!

We also do custom weathering! :cool: With our new PROTOWEATHER (R)system! :thumb:

Come stop in today!

(There's plenty of eyecandy as well! :) )

CRed

Dec 10, 2006
Duluth,MN
Hmmm,think you can do an engine in DM&IR livery?

How much to put together and paint a structure?

Also,it says $10 to paint a car,would it be the same for weathering?

Cool idea,I'll bookmark the link!

Thanks,
Chris

MilesWestern

Sep 20, 2005
CA
:DThanks, we do all roads, but PLEASE supply the decals! :)

Kevin paints, I do the weathering! :cool:

email me with a prototype photo to work off of weathering wise.

My e-mail is milesinniles@gmail.com please feel free to e-mail kevin or me with any questions! :)

Also, better sooner than later!

Also e-mail me so I can add you to my list of orders, please either e-mail us what you would like us to get at (a very nicely priced) LHS or USPS or UPS us the item(s) you want painted. MAKE SURE TO INSURE YOUR PACKAGE and PLEASE ENCLOSE RETURN POSTAGE.

Thank you very much! :)

EDIT: PLEASE CONTACT US AT: protopaintwest@hotmail.com Thank you! :D

Meiriongwril

Mar 1, 2006
Lafayette, Lousiana
Great idea!
What sort of prices for structures (building and painting)? I guess that'll depend on size, but some ballpark figures would be handy.
(Also check spelling of 'separate' and 'received' on FAQ page...)

oldtanker

Feb 24, 2006
West central Mn
What if you have no idea of what or how to do for the decals????
Picture207.jpg

I have a GP7 I would really love done up like this! Don't remember where that Proto Gp7 came from.........

Rick

Cadillac_SD9

Jan 2, 2006
Hey there thanks for our support.
Oldtanker dont worry about the decaling because I will do that as well unless you would like to do it. Do they make decals for that Rail America GP7?

-Cadillac(Kevin)

MilesWestern

Sep 20, 2005
CA
So, everyone, please E-mail me to confirm your orders, and paces are filling up FAST!! :eek: I need to log your orders into our customerlist, and plase incluse photos of your desired paintjob and weathering options.

Oldtanker, want your RA GP7 weathered? :)

CNWman

CNW Fan
Jan 3, 2007
The Riverside Railroad
Do you do minor repairs too?

I have an F3 CNW loco that is in almost mint condition. The only sign of damage is the fact my siter roled it over once and dislodged the horns (one of them fell of recently somehow). Look at my intro thread for pics of it. If you could repair that problem, I could send it in with my dad's permission and when I find that @^%$! box:curse: :D :thumb:

MilesWestern

Sep 20, 2005
CA
CNWman said:
I have an F3 CNW loco that is in almost mint condition. The only sign of damage is the fact my siter roled it over once and dislodged the horns (one of them fell of recently somehow). Look at my intro thread for pics of it. If you could repair that problem, I could send it in with my dad's permission and when I find that @^%$! box:curse: :D :thumb:

Hm, ok; do you have the horn? That would be an easy fix.

Would you instead like it weathered or detailed to make it look like a real CNW F3?

If you don't want all that done to it, read on for instrustions on how to fix the horn:

It wouldn't be worth shipping it halfway across the country to fix one horn. What you can do is just carefully, with the LEAST amount of glue possible, dab some on the two little pieces that hold the horn in place, and stick it back on. Ask for your dad's help of you try superglue, which would hold on better. :) It should be fixed in notime! :thumb:

CNWman

CNW Fan
Jan 3, 2007
The Riverside Railroad
Thanks

Thanks for the help:thumb: The horn in question is under a shelving unit close to my layout but should be able to be obtained esaly. I don't think I'll want it detailed/weathered because it was my first(and only) HO locomotive and so i want it to be exactly the way it is. maybe I could use your sevices later in my progress of MRRing with another car/loco/whatever;) :thumb:

Delamaize

Oct 14, 2004
Lacey, Wa.
!!!

i got a AB set of Kato PA's that are screaming for the Northern Pacific's Lowery (North Coast Limited) scheme. will you paint loco's I already own? and witch Decals sheets from witch Company would I need?

BTW SEAHAWKS JUST WON!!!!! SEATTLE 21 DALLAS 20

CCT70

Jun 25, 2003
Am I just going loco or is there not contact info for anyone, or an address to send items to other than Niles e-mail on the "F.A.Q." page?

Can you guys do restorations on OLD cast metal HO steam locos? I have two here that are total basket cases (but have all parts). They'd need to be stripped, repaired, remotored, and repainted. Think you guys could handle that? If so, let me know! I'm just down the road in Stockton, so I could hand deliver/pickup (don't like using the mail for models anyway).