Custom Micromodels Threshing Outfit

Discussion in 'Dioramas & Displays' started by Hi-Torque, Mar 24, 2010.

1. Hi-Torque

Hi-Torque Member

Hello Friends,

Here is a small scene I made out of the Threshing Outfit models. The base is foamcore. The ground cover is coffee grounds and tea leaves drybrushed to add depth. The wheat is a chopped up paint brush and finally, the fence is whittled matchsticks.

Regards,

Cris

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]
  2. chooch.42

chooch.42 Member

Chris...Again, admirable modeling. You made me LOOK (the interesting subjects, the small, to my old eyes, form) - found historical citation http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Micromodel and contemporary sources of similar (?) pieces. Still checking - thanks for showing these little gems. Bob C.
  3. Hi-Torque

Hi-Torque Member

Chooch,

Thank you for your kind words, I do greatly enjoy building these. I find it amazing that these were published in the 40's and 50's before computers, Xacto knives, scanners, and... the ability to reprint.

As you say, the subjects are always interesting. I always find myself doing a fair amount of "research". The subjects are mostly of things long gone, and I can't help but think how much the world has changed.

They are small indeed but should you run across some (there are several online shops that sell reprints) I think you would enjoy them. I know your not a card modeler but there are any number of locos and rolling stock.

Regards,

Cris