Custom HO scale vehicle builders unite!!!!

shaygetz

2slim said:
Bob
Sounds like Slagpot wants to be your test pilot for the railcar! Be sure to take video, that 10K on AFV is still up for grabs!

2slim

:thumb: :thumb: :thumb: ...I prefer the jeep myself, nothing like the warm, fuzzy feelin' that Ma Deuce'll give ya when yer facin' a bout of road rage.

TruckLover

Mack CH613 & 53' Trailer
Ok, this Mack isn't really a scratchbuilt model, its more of a kitbash. Here is what it looks like. It is a Mack CH 603 Daycab with extended chassis. I cut the chassis behind the 2nd drive axle and then cut the chassis on the dump body and then glued them together. I wanted to do this because the Red and Black Kibri Mercedes looked out of place among all my american trucks. I added some asphalt to the gravel truck and took the picture out side of the asphalt plant. Here is the old mercedes cab and then the kitbashed version. I still have to add wood sidding to both dump bodies.

Attachments

• Old.jpg
    Old.jpg
    59.1 KB · Views: 114
  • new.jpg
    new.jpg
    63.3 KB · Views: 117

TruckLover

Mack CH613 & 53' Trailer
Here is another one I did yesterday. I kitbashed Mercedes Concrete Pumper into a Mack CH 603 Concrete Pumper. I just like the look of those Macks.

Attachments

• Pumper3.jpg
    Pumper3.jpg
    54.6 KB · Views: 106
  • Pumper2.jpg
    Pumper2.jpg
    60 KB · Views: 103
  • Pumper.jpg
    Pumper.jpg
    60.8 KB · Views: 106

slagpot

Josh......sweet looking concrete pumper truck. I like that one a lot. This is what I've been working on the past few days. A mobile tracked crusher unit for the slag dump, no one produces these in HO ,so what could one do. Scratch build time again,all I have left to do is add details and paint.

Mobilerockcrusher007.jpg

Mobilerockcrusher002.jpg

Mobilerockcrusher003.jpg

This is all I have for this week, hope you folks have a great weekend.

Patrick
Beaufort,SC
Dragon River Steel Corp {DRSC}

TruckLover

Mack CH613 & 53' Trailer
slagpot said:
Josh......sweet looking concrete pumper truck. I like that one a lot.

Thanks Patrick, That one is my favorite too.:thumb: :thumb:

slagpot said:
no one produces these in HO ,so what could one do.

I was thinking when I read this and thought, wait a minute, Kibri makes a kit similar to this. It is a cold planner used to grind up the top layer of asphalt on roads and highways. But then I looked closer at your pictures and notcied the dump bin at the opposite end of the conveyor. The cold planner does not have this but it might be easy to kitbash into a dump pit. What do you think? I could use one of those tracked crushers for my gravel company, coal mine, and blast furnace complexes. O here is some pictures of the cold planners:
78608289659116.gif

78608289659173.gif

TruckLover

Mack CH613 & 53' Trailer
viperman said:
Josh, that one is for crushing roads, Patrick's is for finer crushing what yours crushes

I no but I could kitbash a dump bin on the back of the cold planner (used for grinding roads) and make it into a mobile rock crusher like Patrick's. I think that I could take a part of the back half off, lengthen the chassis, and scratchbuild a dump bin on the back.