Custom 3-D Superhero Battles

Status
Not open for further replies.

ToyChop

Hey all, long time modder, first time poster.

I cobble together cityscapes, force fields, and all sorts of nonsense for my HeroClix gaming group, thought I'd share and get some feedback on how to up my game.

M

Maico Shark

Hi Toy,

This is a good community of model builders & you will find many who can appreciate your work. But for a new member to post links to his blog on his first post here is rude. It's kind of like having a party and a guest arrives and says, "Hey everybody let's go to my place". If you have something to show us....please post it here and please consider doing an introduction so we can know you better.

ToyChop

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]My [/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]sincere apologies, Maico. No disrespect was meant in posting th[/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]at link.

[/FONT] [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]In the past when linking from other sites, [/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]the back-and-forth [/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]dialogue generated would almost always stay on the site I linked from. A testament to that is the lack of comments on my blog: 99% of t[/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]he conversations sparked do not take place there. It's not a user-generated-content site and, with such a narrow focus, it isn't (and never will be) a community like this one. More than anything it's a data storage site--like Flikr--that allows me to present photos in a way that best suits the material.

As an aside, I'm respectful of the policies of sites I link to/from and made sure to read yours before posting. It states:

"ALSO NOTE: Links to private sites that serve to showcase a single members work or offer free design downloads and that have no commercial content or member registration ARE permitted and are EXEMPT from rules concerning links to outside websites.[/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]"

I don't mean to sound snarky or dickish, but I honestly don't understand how I broke that policy.
[/FONT]

ToyChop

Ha, this is kind of funny...I'm not sure if it's cool for me to post links now--almost like someone dipping in a toe to test the water--and the last thing I want to happen is *KRA-CHOMP!*, shark lunch.

So, that said, Maico, I'm not looking to pick a fight or cause any headaches for you or any of the mods here. This is your site, your rules and, I believe, I'm playing by them.

That said, here's links to my non-compete site, there's nothing for sale there and I'll answer any of your questions here on this site.

So, well, here goes nuthin'...

*holds nose and jumps in*

3-D Cityscape:
http://toychop.wordpress.com/2009/06/01/property-damage/

Force fields, walls of fire, ice barriers and other nonsense:
http://toychop.wordpress.com/2009/06/29/good-fences/

Little kid zombie superheroes eating other superheroes:
http://toychop.wordpress.com/2009/04/20/288/

Status
Not open for further replies.