Curse you Atlas!! Curse you I say!!

csxengineer

May 16, 2003
Pittsburgh, Pa
Visit site
LOL. I would never had thought while I spent days stripping paint, dissassembling, repainting, decaling that Atlas would make an MP-15 in Union Railroad. Seems like their coming in June (I ordered 2) but if I had only knew a few days earlier... Oh well, here's my attempt...

Attachments

• mp15atduqb.jpg
    mp15atduqb.jpg
    62.9 KB · Views: 45

HPRL

Dec 31, 2005
SW Ohio
CSXEngineer: I recent saw those Atlas also. I wanted an undecorated one in DCC but not available. I have to call BLW to see if he can special order me one. I have SW1200 Life Like and I am playing hell getting a decoder in it without losing the headlight. I guess I could order a logo'd one and just repaint it like I would do the Undecorated one.

csxengineer

May 16, 2003
Pittsburgh, Pa
Visit site
Atlas vs. Lifelike

I have an atlas MP15 and two lifelike sw9s, and they are totally different. The lifelikes are good, but these atlas ones are nearly SILENT! And I guess they are geared for very slow speeds too. I know zero about DCC, but both are fragile when it comes to taking them apart. Broke a window on the mp15 already.

eightyeightfan1

Now I'm AMP'd
Jun 18, 2002
Torrington, Ct.
Looks good for a frist attempt.
Been there...Done that.
I have a couple of the Walthers Commuter cars. I wanted them in CDOT(Connecticut Department Of Transportation). Bought a couple of cars that were in Amtrack.A Micro-Scale decal set, stripped, painted, decaled.
Two months after I had finished them......Walthers came out with commuter cars in CDOT....

MasonJar

It's not rocket surgery
Oct 31, 2002
Ottawa, Canada
Visit site
I remember reading an article on how to scratch-build intermodal well cars; according to the author none were commercially available at that time. However, on the back cover of the magazine was a new announcement from (I can't recall which) manufacturer - NOW AVAILABLE... intermodal cars... :rolleyes: hamr

Andrew

sumpter250

multiscale modelbuilder
Jan 19, 2002
Vernon Hills, Illinois
Visit site
I got the major kitbash, GP15-1, painted and running, and Smokey Valley released the kit!
I got the major kitbash, SD60, painted and running, and Rail Power released the shell.
Then I did an SD50.........it took 'em a long while to finally get that one out in plastic! :D :D

HPRL

Dec 31, 2005
SW Ohio
Each one of the manufacturers must have people looking at these forums to see what sparks the interests when we upload photograph's. They would say, "Wow! Look at that". then they see how many hits the thread received praising the work. The snoop gets a bonus for your work.

Well, maybe that is what happens.:thumb: I better watch out, a manfacture will grab my HPRL and make it into another Thomas.:) But, ah-ha! Got it registered.:D

:wave: :wave: