Currrent Progress, Now what??

Connor

Jan 25, 2005
Well, Speak of the devil! :) up_santafe is the guy whom I barrowed the layout from! His layout was really nice and appealed to me.. Lots of mainline and switching action simplistic enough (or so I though) for a beginner, but enough of a challenge to be fun. I just hope I can figure everyting out..

trainwhiz20

Aug 9, 2004
Tampa, FL
Awesome Connor!

My layout is a little past your stage, but all these "start-up" layouts in reasonable spaces have really been an influence.

I too have admired up_santafe's layout, it has amazing detail.

Please keep up the wonderful progress--and look out, I might just steal some ideas! :thumb:

Connor

Jan 25, 2005
Okay, so, Here is my BIGGEST question at the moment. Plaster cloth or road bed first?? I'll be using WS road bed.. I've seen a thread on here about putting plaster clother under the road bed, or doing road bed first the plaster cloth.. which works best? Which is easist?

Nick8564

Sep 3, 2004
My question is where did you get that thick of a peace of foam from? I have been to Lowes many of time and can only find 1/2 inch stuff or littler. How much do you expect to pay for a sheet of foam, any size sheet?

Connor

Jan 25, 2005
I got that sheet of foam from Home Depot, around $22.00 or so. I think they're 2" Thick.. I'me using two of them.. Probably overkill, but, I wanted to be able to dig into the top peace.

Matthyro

Will always be re-membered
Dec 28, 2000
Georgetown, Ontario,Canada
I imagine there are many benefits to 2inch foam. On my N layout I used 1/2 inch foam with nothing but the L girder frame with a cross piece every 12 inches. It works fine for me. Once I have the fascia in place you would never know it is just the foam that serves as a base.