Current Layout

green_elite_cab

Keep It Moving!
My other, much smaller track plan, lol. i did use 80" radius curves on one end because they look realistic.

industrial2x15colorcodedgif4km.gif

green_elite_cab

Keep It Moving!
no one in their right mind would use my track plans, lol, yours is probably better. mine are always oversized, and the leads into industries are almost always to short. your plan isn't bad! all you need is a short runaround, and that plan would be ready to go! nice work!

TruckLover

Mack CH613 & 53' Trailer
Thanks guys for the help.

Miles, I am still going to use your track plan, just the modified one I did in photoshop. Instead of #6 switches, Im going to use #4 switches with smaller engines.

Wow green_elite_cab, those 2 track plans are really cool. I wish I had enough room for them!!

TruckLover

Mack CH613 & 53' Trailer
Thanks guys for the help.

Miles, I am still going to use your track plan, just the modified one I did in photoshop. Instead of #6 switches, Im going to use #4 switches with smaller engines.

Wow green_elite_cab, those 2 track plans are really cool. I wish I had enough room for them!!

green_elite_cab

Keep It Moving!
just make sure you add the run around, other wise switching cars out of the red and torquois buildings in Mile's plan wouldn't work.

hooknlad

Trucking layout?

Not getting off Trucklovers layout , I love the switching layouts .. Does anyone remember a trucking set i believe was made by TYCO??? It was kinda like a slot car setup, only slower. The trucks would run on an electrified roadway. This would be neat to be incorporated into " trucklovers" layout.

green_elite_cab

Keep It Moving!
Marklin has something liek that for its german cars i think, apperently the carts have little motors in them, and they follow a wire in the road by magnet. Lately i heard they are making even more complicated systems where the cars change their course.

I know i've seen operating cars on an HO layout somewhere.

TruckLover

Mack CH613 & 53' Trailer
I think I forgot to add that to the new one. I will have to add it cause it would make more sence.

Ok, I was talking to my grandfather and I told me that I want my new layout to be 2 1/2' x 16' with the extention down the wall with that measuring 2 1/2' x 4'. This will give me a lil extra room on the outside to have team tracks like the one you added.

medavis

Trucklover, Great layout. I thought I had alot of trucks. Need to get more of the common companies though. Where did you get yours from?

TruckLover

Mack CH613 & 53' Trailer
:wave: Hi medavis,

Some of them them are Walthers, Some trucks N' Stuff, A-LINE, Athearn Herpa/Promotex, and most of them custom detailed and decaled for the "big" fright companies in the US.

I get most of the trailers and cabs undecorated from Promotex and A-Line and use home made decals to finish em' off.

I have been into trucks since my grandma bought me my first Hotwheels cement truck when I was 6 months old.

If you want to get some nicly detailed trucks, get them from A-line: www.ppw-aline.com and Promotex: www.promotex.ca They have some nice stuff. Also look on e-bay and you can find some nice deals on trucks. Just go there and search HO Scale. Then type in Truck or Trailer and you get lots of stuff that pops up.

medavis

Trucklover, my layout is not up at the moment. Hope to get it back up in September after I move. I have been collecting trains for about 30 years.