Current Layout

TruckLover

Mack CH613 & 53' Trailer
Apr 14, 2006
Rancho Santa Margarita, Cali.
That would work great I think.

Thanks Miles :thumb: :thumb:

I think I just might do your plan. Then maybe ill extend the plan down the line and make the hole thing Switching. COOL!! Im going to need alot more train cars and maybe a couple engine for both the 2' x 6' and the 2' x 15'.

The only thing I think I would have to change is the Magic Pan Bakeries Building cause the hole front of the warehouse building is truck doors and the rail doors are on the side. any ideas for how I can fit it in there? Maybe I will take that Hotel Under Construction and put it were the Magic an Bakeries, Just flip them around?

MilesWestern

Sep 20, 2005
CA
protopaintwest.googlepages.com
No I mean the lil' rxtra benchwork it's need in the corner of your playour neart the wall, that 6-10" triangle needed to support it.

Would you be willing to make the rail-served magic pan have an angled wall? (requires cutting down front wall a bit, so rail spur can work out)

MilesWestern

Sep 20, 2005
CA
protopaintwest.googlepages.com
Think you'd be willing to build this? or did I waste my whole day trackplanning for you?

Remember, this would require you rebuilding what you already have, but you can just saw out the seperate scenes and rearrange them on new sheets of plywood if you wish, but rebvuilding is the best thing you can do to a model railroad, after you're "done" with the first one. (which it seems so) How do you like the huge truck terminal spur w/ large loading/unloading dock for four or five boxcars?

Does this meet yuour satisfaction?

Will your Parents agree?

Do you think you're ready to re-build the layout?

If you are, I can sell you some semi-modern era equipment (1990's) if you wish, because I model the 1950's!

TruckLover

Mack CH613 & 53' Trailer
Apr 14, 2006
Thanks Miles, I think that I am going to go ahead and use this track plan so you did not waste the whole day.

I think that I am going to lay new plywood and make it a little wider, maybe 2.6' x 15' and then the little addition on the side down the left wall (where the trcuk turminal is), can you beleive the extention right now is made of cardboard boxes?

I can srap the old table top into those 2 modules I want to do.

Ithink that I am done with this one. Time to snap some more pictures for memories and get on with the more improved layout; Designed by: Miles Western :thumb: lol

I no my dad won't care but my mom probly will, she will get over it like the first time I brought the bench work home.sign1

I do like that large truck terminal, It will be great. I wonder how many truck cargo doors I can get on that sucker? We will just have to see.

As for the train cars, I might be interested but I don't really have any money right now and I don't have a job yet (IM STILL FREE)sign1 but if you want to send me a list of what your willing to sell, I take a look and let you knw on them.

Thanks for all your help Miles, I really appreciate it.

ozzy

Jun 24, 2006
milton iowa
trucklover, are you still going to get the garage? or did your mom put a stop to it?

if she dont want all the space taken up with trucks and trains, you can rig your layout on a pully system, have it hang from the rafters, make the table so that it has fold up legs. then when your done messing with it for the day, pull it up some then fold the legs up, then pull it up the rest of the way, then you can still park a car in there under it, or use the space for whatever ya need. then when ya want to work on your layout again, back the car out and lower it back down.

ozzy

TruckLover

Mack CH613 & 53' Trailer
Apr 14, 2006
Thanks Ozzy for the idea.

But, iv'e already thought about it and tthere are no rafters for it to go up into, bedroom directly above.:curse: :curse:

I could still put it on a winch system but I think it is going to cost a lot of money to get a winch bi enough to lift a 10' x 12' layout.

But Mileswestern did design that track plan above and I am going to build 2 more modules so I am set for now.

I guess I just have to wait until I move out or something to get a big layout.

ozzy

Jun 24, 2006
milton iowa
you got to have something to hold the bedroom floor up, hook it to that, and you can use 2 tables to make the 10 x 12 layout. each having a pully system of there own,

i know what your going through, i had my trains packed away for 15 years as i did not have room anymore, now i got alittle, but not enough!!! (can you ever have enough?...lol)

next summer im putting up a building for nothing but trains. eather a 12 x 20 or if i can swing it by then a 2 car garage with a 15 x 26 loft for the trains.

ozzy