Cumbres N Toltec Scenic RR

TrainNut

Ditat Deus
Okay, I did a search on this thinking that I could not possibly be the first to post pictures of this line and lo' n behold, it appears that I could be. In July, my entire family spent a week in Chama, NM. I never rode the train but instead, spent every morning and every evening, chasing it with my family happily (somewhat) following behind. he he.

Attachments

• ZDCP_2296.jpg
    ZDCP_2296.jpg
    63.6 KB · Views: 250
  • ZDCP_2326.jpg
    ZDCP_2326.jpg
    52.2 KB · Views: 247
  • ZDCP_2332.jpg
    ZDCP_2332.jpg
    59.1 KB · Views: 232
  • ZDCP_2385.jpg
    ZDCP_2385.jpg
    54.4 KB · Views: 242
  • ZDCP_2432.jpg
    ZDCP_2432.jpg
    50.6 KB · Views: 251

jwmurrayjr

Nut,

Great photos! :thumb: Don't you love those old locos and coaches.

You can see some photos of our DSNGRR trip in the "links" page of my website if you like. I haven't been on the Cumbres yet but I highly recommend the Durango Silverton trip (round trip 1st class). It's great! :)

2002_0719_130432AA.JPG

Thanks for posting the pics!

justind

My family was supposed to ride this a couple years ago, but because of the fire danger they closed the line...too bad. It is a really great ride (my parents rode it the year before) but I personally prefer the scenery on the Durango and Silverton branch.

NEMMRRC

justind said:
but I personally prefer the scenery on the Durango and Silverton branch.
Durango Silverton is more scenic in my opinion. I have been to both.

However, Cumbres and Toltec let me roam around the yard and engine facility. You cannot go behind the scenes at Durango unless you buy the yard tour. At least this is the way it was when I was there 10 years ago.

Jaime

spitfire

Cool!! Looks like not only do they still have the old steamers and passenger cars but also an old coaling tower as well. Thanks for the pix!!

Val