CSX Caboose

Hi Gauger's:

I am just posting this picture here. I know alot of you come to this area first to read the post. I will have more pictures in Real USA railroads area.

What did I saw today on a CSX train? I CSX caboose! No joke :thumb: I live about 300 feet from the CSX main line that runs between Knoxville and Chattanooga, Tennessee!

Look for Trains in Vonore, Tennessee In the Real USA area of The Gauge. :wave:

Andy

Attachments

• csxcaboose1.jpg
    csxcaboose1.jpg
    17.4 KB · Views: 19

2-8-2

Jan 6, 2005
Delaware, Ohio
www.wn-rr.net
CSX has a line about a mile from my house. Every now and then, not often, but on rare occasions, I see a caboose. The trains can get pretty long. There's a large plastics company on the outside of town that gets bulk pellets, powder and some chemicals. 90% of the rolling stock I see is carrying automobiles, presumably from Detroit.

I guess even with all of today's modern technology, they still need a caboose every now and then.

Arizona Heat

Jan 26, 2006
Kingman Arizona/Dolan Springs Arizona
Upload Pictures

announce1 I would like to know how to upload pictures to the forum. I hope someone can guide me through it.
thumbsup.gif

brakie

Nov 8, 2001
Bucyrus,Ohio
Visit site
Both CSX and NS still uses caboose when ever a long reverse move is needed such as on a urban local,mine runs and other such cases where there isn't a run around track available. :D Now in some cases I seen locomotives on each end of the train but,that's another matter...