Crimson Skies

Gearz

Mar 13, 2006
OZ
Sounds simple enough . . . . . yeah right! It was a nightmare!

lol...~ white man speaks truth.. wall1 i use the same method + That cowling looks brilliant Fox!!

Interesting subject widget.. Clearly the CS guys were inspired by (Luft'46) type designs.. come to think of it, a set of luft'46 mini models would be an interesting project.

Well this model has served its purpose and taught me quite a bit = Aer-roo-planes certainly present some interesting design challenges. The kit has a few simple options and I've included a blank pattern set, although in hindsight, the layout is pretty crappy for repainting / colouring. * still amazes me how modellers can repaint 2D patterns and get it all to match up [scratches head]

DEVASTATOR HERE

enjoy
:thumb:

foxmalcolm

-=3D Modeler=-
Mar 30, 2008
Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
Curtis Wright J2 Fury [revised]

Hey guys almost finished revising the Curtis Wright J2 Fury.
The first version I released was nothing more than a rough and ready test.
It was not made accurately, nor was it given any special detail.

For this version I took the model back to the drawing board and re-made everything from the ground up.
I sought out and found detailed blueprints from FASA's boardgame, plus a few other sources.
I am putting everything I know into this particular build so don't expect this one to be easy.

Other than the base airframe it will also include some optional extras like:

• A detailed cockpit
  • Full weapons loadout [Missiles, Aerial Torpedos, etc]
  • A wicked looking stand
  • Choice of propellors [stationary and in-flight]
  • Three textures to choose from
    • Black Swan
    • The Fortune Hunters
    • & My Design
Hope you guys like this one.

Attachments

• Fury-Display.jpg
    Fury-Display.jpg
    76.5 KB · Views: 106

Gearz

Mar 13, 2006
OZ
xadow has done an excellent job building the Devastator, here's some build pics.
* Updated the kit with the last two shots, thanks for the help with the CS model's mate.:thumb:

CS_devastator-01.jpg

CS_devastator-02.jpg

CS_devastator-03.jpg

CS_devastator-04.jpg

CS_devastator-05.jpg

CS_devastator-06.jpg

CS_devastator-07.jpg

CS_devastator-08.jpg

CS_devastator-09.jpg

CS_devastator-10.jpg

CS_devastator-11.jpg

Devastator Model HERE

:)

xadow

Mar 30, 2007
Many thanks Gearz. But all credit goes to you, for the wonderful model.
The model is a pleasure to build, so if you still haven't got it, get it fast and start building it announce1 :thumb:

sokoroto

Feb 9, 2009
Keep up the good work!!!

I cannot believe it that i just found now about the crimson skies models.Crimson skies ( the original for the pc) was among the best flying games i ever played.Great 30'style,story part error flyn movies,part talespin and part real life(remember the 30's army zeppelin carriers like akon ,makron etc...?

Its incredible what you have done so far you both foxmalcolm and gearz.
Is there any possibility...... for a larger and more detailed devastator and fury models?????????

And....is there any chance a large scale 1:144 pandora would be made....???

I would complete my set of dream models.......

(these were partly done by an amazing (yet incomplete) seaduck(konwing l16 from talespin) and a 1:200 hindenburg)

Please ...Please if you still mess with paper models complete these AMAZING MODELS!!!!!!!

sokoroto

Feb 9, 2009
ALso i quess the pandora is simiral to the akon/makon

Its not the same ofcourse but there are a lot of similarities between those airships!

foxmalcolm

-=3D Modeler=-
Mar 30, 2008
Hey, sorry I've been away for awhile.
I will look into geting some of those models up and ready for download soon.
In the meantime stay tuned to here and my new website http://foxdesigns.net.au
there is nothing there just yet but that will change soon enough.

And no that is not a photo, it's all done in photoshop tooth1

oh and if you want to see any of my work since I have been away check out my deviant art site http://foxmalcolm.deviantart.com

sokoroto

Feb 9, 2009
Thanx god you are still here

Hi there,thanx god you are still here(the authors of the other amazing projects i spoke about seem to have vanished for the moment:( )
I love the art of the website!Seriously if crimson skies 3 or a talespin game would ever be made you should apply for a art designer :)

I am dreaming how cool would a large scale 1:144 (with hangar pandora) and a large scale devastotor and fury could look with more complex models and some high detail textures)

The original textures from the game looked amazing back in 1999 with some filtering effects applyed but on a paper model they look very inapropriate.I wish i had your skill designing this stuff!!!

In any case keep up the amazing work and i dream someday you complete the models!!! :)

foxmalcolm

-=3D Modeler=-
Mar 30, 2008
Here you go
I uploaded this to my 4shared account seeing how Gearz has dropped his website, I have also tagged it as being created by Gearz and that it was from Zealot.
I also haven't asked Gearz if this is ok, so if he doesn't want me to link it then I will remove it.
I was originally just going to PM you the pdf but I figured that there are others who would like it too, so for the time being just follow the link.
Enjoy

Z

Zathros

Those are some sweet models! Thanks for them and hope to see you around more!:thumb:

foxmalcolm

-=3D Modeler=-
Mar 30, 2008
No problem, sorry I haven't been around much, been busy with real life [grrr], I still haven't finalised any of those other CS models I was working on.
I plan on doing that soon and uploading them as card stock.
These are the models I am currently working on:
  • Cargo Zeppelin
  • J2 Fury - high detail version
  • FokeWolf Hellhound
  • Ford AutoGyro Taxi
  • Hughes Bloodhawk
  • McCoys Diner
Hopefully I will have some free time soon to finish these, the models are finished just need to flatten them, re-texture them and test build them . . . .

Z

Zathros

Nice list there! This should be interesting. I know about the life part all too well. It his put the kibosh on everything I do lately! :)

V

Vermin_King

These are excellent. BTW ... used Wayback Machine to check out Gearz' site and most everything is available to download.

SeaSpencer

Feb 2, 2012
France
Hi i'm a great fan of Crimson Skies
your models are awesomes! :thumb:
can you release the J2 Fury please, it's my favorite CS plane.
There are no other on the web :confused:

thanks, and keep making awesome work :cool: