Crichton from Buck Rogers

Revell-Fan

Co-Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Would you be interested in diagrams for the greenish Cargo Sled? I drew up some rough/basic plans.
Thanks for the offer! :thumb: The sled has benn on my todo list for quite some time now. I got some diagrams from DeviantArt. Did you make them, or are yours different?

Revell-Fan

Co-Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
All I can say is Crichton is looking Fantastic :thumb: thanks for sharing your build. Cant wait to try one myself. Keep those pics coming..:mrgreen:

Rick
Will do! The telescoping neck is ready; I'm now figuring out some easier ways to make the limbs rotatable. Maybe the new Iron Man from Julius Perdana gives me some hints (I definitely gonna make this one!:twisted:).

Revell-Fan

Co-Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Rolls for the Royce

Hi, fans! This is the latest info on Crichton.

Finally he's got hands and legs. Okay, hands and wheels. And this makes the model almost complete!

I'm revising all components one last time and will begin test-building shortly.

Stay tuned! :wave:

Chrichton4.jpgCrichton5.jpgCrichton6.jpgCrichton7.jpgCrichton8.jpgCrichton9.jpg

Last edited:

Maverick65

Thanks for the update and new pics. :wave: Glad to hear he's almost complete. I too wish somebody would take a go at Twiki. I have some good pics but no design skills.

Thanks again for another great build.

Revell-Fan

Co-Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Thanks for the update and new pics. :wave: Glad to hear he's almost complete. I too wish somebody would take a go at Twiki. I have some good pics but no design skills.

Thanks again for another great build.
You are welcome! :thumb:

And yeah, if only someone would make Twiki...! :yep:

bgt01

Exemplary Confidant
Thought you might like to see this. It's an article on Crichton from TV Guide May, 1981. It explains how he works and has a nice pic of the special effects guys working on his insides. Oh yeah, there's the awesome shot of Erin Gray in her sailor-girl uniform! :twisted:

Attachments

• SCOTT292.jpg
    SCOTT292.jpg
    201.3 KB · Views: 38

Revell-Fan

Co-Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
The best thing is, it is almost finished! However, life is so busy at the moment that I fear that I can't begin test building this year :-( . But rest assured, it is coming!

Revell-Fan

Co-Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Heres a link to photos of a Twiki action figure that might be a start if someone wants to make a model of him.
http://www.megomuseum.com/teevee/prototwiki.html

Clif
Great 70s flashback! Thanks for the link. I haven't seen it before. But Twiki should be modelled after the life-size costume. The action figure is very detailed, however its proportions and shapes are incorrect (mostly the head).

Revell-Fan

Co-Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Revell-Fan

Your work is, as usual, superb:thumb::cool:. Please let us see more!sign1
Cheers!:wave:
Yes, I will! The model is ready and unfolded, but I still don't have the time for a test-build. And there are no instructions yet, so please be patient. I always finish what I begin. And thank you for your comments! :thumb:

Rogerio Silva

Master...

Maybe I'll get some unfolding classes with you!:mrgreen: I started working on a model and I think it's close to the end. Now it's the unfolding (which I have yet to learnwall1), and then test building parts...:cry:

Revell-Fan

Co-Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Maybe I'll get some unfolding classes with you!:mrgreen: I started working on a model and I think it's close to the end. Now it's the unfolding (which I have yet to learnwall1), and then test building parts...:cry:
Practise is everything! :thumb: I'm sure you'll make it. But be aware: Unfolding can be a very daunting and exhausting task. And it's a click-orgy so-to-speak. Make sure that there is no-one around you who has to listen to your mouse constantly clicking for HOURS. My mom almost killed me when I was unfolding the Colonial Blaster..! :mrgreen: