Credit Valley Explorer

Pooh Bah
Mar 25, 2002
Brampton, Ontario, Canada
Visit site
On the way up to my birthday lunch last week, I managed to get a stop at Orangeville to see the yards there. I took a few snaps of the tourist train as they were working on it.
The 3 cars have different paint schemes. And the RDC is being stored, so far.

Attachments

• OBRyCoach.jpg
    OBRyCoach.jpg
    27 KB · Views: 145
  • OBRyDiner.jpg
    OBRyDiner.jpg
    29.1 KB · Views: 140
  • OBRyRDC.jpg
    OBRyRDC.jpg
    26.4 KB · Views: 141
  • OBRyStation.jpg
    OBRyStation.jpg
    19.6 KB · Views: 145

Pooh Bah
Mar 25, 2002
Brampton, Ontario, Canada
Visit site
The two coaches are originally CN/VIA via BCOL. This one was CN 5506.
The silver car is the diner; started as CN 5491 and became a cafe-coach and then work service.
Th RDC is ex-VIA 6006. Started as a B&M RDC9 (non-driving power car). Not scheduled to be worked on as yet.

Orangeville is building a new station to replace the one that burned down last year. I talked to a couiple of railway employees and they said that the town is building a much better station than they expected -- just look at that witch's hat!

MasonJar

It's not rocket surgery
Oct 31, 2002
Ottawa, Canada
Visit site
I'd like to ride it too... I used to cross that Orangeville Yard using Townline Road to go to and from school every day. Wished I had paid more attention then... :(

If I could build my very own layout building, and cost was no object, I'd build something like that I think ;) :)

Andrew

RobertInOntario

Mar 22, 2006
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
spitfire said:
Man, I love those witch's hat stations. Does anyone remember the kit that John Rendall used to make?

Val

Yes, they are pretty neat. Have you seen the one in Uxbridge where the York Durham Heritage Railway operates from? I believe it was built just a few years ago but is a replica of one from the early 1900s. Rob

interurban

Aug 21, 2002
Pickering. Ontario. Canada.
Visit site
RobertInOntario said:
Yes, they are pretty neat. Have you seen the one in Uxbridge where the York Durham Heritage Railway operates from? I believe it was built just a few years ago but is a replica of one from the early 1900s. Rob

That station is the real thing Robert.
Abstract from there web site reads.

At the northern terminus of Uxbridge one can look through the newly restored Uxbridge Station, a unique "witch's hat design"originally built in 1904 for the Toronto-Nipissing Railway. The station is located on Railway St., roughly north of the feed mill in the central part of town.

interurban

Aug 21, 2002
Pickering. Ontario. Canada.
Visit site
RobertInOntario said:
Thanks for correcting that, Chris! Somehow I'd forgotten that it was a restored station and not a replica. I've been there many times but some how got mixed up -- happens a lot these days! Rob

No Problem Robert.
I forget more than I remember these days. It is a wonderful station.