Craft light

Discussion in 'General Card Modeling' started by cgutzmer, Nov 3, 2006.

1. cgutzmer

cgutzmer Guest

hey all!
    I am working on my Christmas list and I want to get a light for the tv tray when I am working in front of the tv. The main problem is that it is nowhere near an outlet so it must run off batteries. Have any of you ever used this:
    http://www.widgetsupply.com/page/WS/PROD/craftlight/SGS9-347

or have any other suggestions? I am putting a new craft mat and circle cutter on there too - this is my first year asking for card model stuff so it should be fun!
    Chris
  2. rmks2000

rmks2000 Member

Chris,

You could also try an Optivisor or similar product. It is a magnifying lens headband that can accomodate glasses, and some have lights on the sides (though they do eat up batteries). This eliminates the shadows that you get from a single source of light and makes it easier to see your cutting lines. There is an LED setup that is now available for the Optivisor, which touts eigth LEDs around the magnifier, and very little battery usage. It is costly however. Micro Mark has it but I would recommend shopping around because Micro Mark tends to be expensive and their shipping is a minimum of $8.
  3. cgutzmer

cgutzmer Guest

Hmmmmmmm thanks but I would prefer to stick to a lamp. :) if I got something to wear on my head, I wold never be able to get my kids to leave me alone while I was wearing it ;) this way my daughter could use it when reading too anyway - its easier to get things if I can come up with multiple uses ;)
    Chris
  4. paper warrior

paper warrior Member

5. cgutzmer

cgutzmer Guest

Call me fussy but its not directional :) I would blind the whole room! Very cool lamp though.
    Chris
  6. paper warrior

paper warrior Member

put it in a toilet paper roll and attach that to some of that flexible solinoid