CPR Christmas Train?

Discussion in 'The Real Thing- North America' started by RobertInOntario, Dec 4, 2006.

1. RobertInOntario

RobertInOntario Active Member

Just curious if anyone has recently seen or is planning to see the CPR Christmas Train this year as it passes through various areas? I was hoping to see it in downtown Toronto tomorrow night, but alas, December is a really busy month, so I don't think I'll have time :cry: . I'd still be interested to hear of 'recent reports' of it and any pics if possible.

Thanks,
    Rob
  2. MasonJar

MasonJar It's not rocket surgery

Missed it on Saturday (Dec 2) at Smiths Falls, but did see it last year at a grade crossing nearby. I haven't ever seen the show at the scheduled stops. It is cool though to go to some isolated grade crossing in the dark and watch it roll by... It stays lit the entire time!

No pictures, sorry...

Andrew
  3. RobertInOntario

Thanks, Andrew. Yes, it would be great to catch it at some isolated crossing. That's actually what I'd prefer to do, rather than deal with the crowds and traffic downtown. Plus, it would look really nice in the dark.

If I knew of such a "semi-rural" crossing somewhere between Toronto & Vaughn, it would be tempting to try this.

Rob
  4. MasonJar

MasonJar It's not rocket surgery

Rob,

Try asking Chris (Interurban). He has all kinds of CPR connections in east "Toronto".

Andrew
  5. RobertInOntario

Sure, thanks Chris. I'll try to contact him. Rob
  6. NickelBelt

NickelBelt New Member

7. spitfire

spitfire Active Member

8. RobertInOntario

Thanks, Val. I'll try to view the video that's posted on this forum as well. Maybe I can see it next year. I also hope to see the CP Hudson if it comes to Ontario next summer. Cheers, Rob
  9. RobertInOntario

Thanks, Val. I'll try to view the video that's posted on this forum as well. Maybe I can see it next year. I also hope to see the CP Hudson if it comes to Ontario next summer. Cheers, Rob
  10. Cannonball

Cannonball More Trains Than Brains

Cool video!
    Too bad they don't do anything like that in the States.
    At least if they do, they don't do it in Redneck Central. :(
  11. NickelBelt

NickelBelt New Member

The american version of the holiday train travels from Canada down around the south shore of Superior and goes through the US midwest. It just went through Chigago this past weekend headed west. You may still be able to catch it somewhere along the way depending where you live or how far you're willing to travel....

Steve