CPR Christmas Train?

RobertInOntario

Just curious if anyone has recently seen or is planning to see the CPR Christmas Train this year as it passes through various areas? I was hoping to see it in downtown Toronto tomorrow night, but alas, December is a really busy month, so I don't think I'll have time :cry: . I'd still be interested to hear of 'recent reports' of it and any pics if possible.

Thanks,
Rob

MasonJar

It's not rocket surgery
Missed it on Saturday (Dec 2) at Smiths Falls, but did see it last year at a grade crossing nearby. I haven't ever seen the show at the scheduled stops. It is cool though to go to some isolated grade crossing in the dark and watch it roll by... It stays lit the entire time!

No pictures, sorry...

Andrew

RobertInOntario

MasonJar said:
Missed it on Saturday (Dec 2) at Smiths Falls, but did see it last year at a grade crossing nearby. I haven't ever seen the show at the scheduled stops. It is cool though to go to some isolated grade crossing in the dark and watch it roll by... It stays lit the entire time!
No pictures, sorry...
Andrew

Thanks, Andrew. Yes, it would be great to catch it at some isolated crossing. That's actually what I'd prefer to do, rather than deal with the crowds and traffic downtown. Plus, it would look really nice in the dark.

If I knew of such a "semi-rural" crossing somewhere between Toronto & Vaughn, it would be tempting to try this.

Rob

MasonJar

It's not rocket surgery
Rob,

Try asking Chris (Interurban). He has all kinds of CPR connections in east "Toronto".

Andrew

NickelBelt

The american version of the holiday train travels from Canada down around the south shore of Superior and goes through the US midwest. It just went through Chigago this past weekend headed west. You may still be able to catch it somewhere along the way depending where you live or how far you're willing to travel....

Steve