CPR 2816 August 19 2007 *Not Dial UP Friendly*

CPR 2816 2007 new pics added

Well the plan was to leave early and meet the train just across the Saskatchewan border, But we left late so we met up with the train at Tapley Manitoba. All these photo's are from my wife and the digital. My film hasn't been picked up yet. So there is still 3 rolls of film to follow.

Tapley
Tapley.JPG

Approaching Austin
cpr%202816%20at%20Austin.JPG

McGregor
CPR%202816%20at%20McGregor.JPG

Portage La Prarie
Portage.JPG

Poplar Point
2816%20at%20poplar%20point.JPG

Meadows
Meadows.JPG

Meadows%202.JPG

Approaching Winnipeg
Approaching%20WInnipeg.JPG

approach%20to%20winnipeg.JPG

The Milwaukee Part of the train
Milwaukee%20dome.JPG

Milwaukee%20Parlor.JPG

The Photo teamsign1
The%20Photo%20Team.JPG

More to Follow when the film is done

spitfire

Awesome!! That is one sweet engine!!! I was lucky enough to see it here in Toronto about 3 years ago, and ride a special excursion they laid on to Milton. I'm so glad they're still running it.

Val

RobertInOntario

Yes, those are awesome pics !! I'm still sulking :cry: because it doesn't seem as if it will be coming to Ontario. Looking forward to the next batch of pics -- keep up the good work! Rob

MasonJar

It's not rocket surgery
That's a great bunch of photos. I was lucky enough to see her near Smiths Falls a few years back. Beautiful engine, and running without the "benefit" of that red powered boxcar I see in the third (and other)photo...! ;)

That Milwaukee consist is very cool too...! Also glad you got a chance to get a nice shot with her and the family - in Smiths Falls there were lots of railway police and others shooing us all away.

Andrew

beamish

HO & Steam Engineer
Nice pics of a beautiful engine. My family got to ride this big guy last year and quite enjoyed it. As traction steam fans we like anything that uses a fire and boils water.

TrainNut

Ditat Deus
I was lucky enough to see her near Smiths Falls a few years back. Beautiful engine, and running without the "benefit" of that red powered boxcar I see in the third (and other)photo...!
Andrew
I agree, it totally destroys the whole ambiance of the experience by putting a diesel behind 'em.

Last time it came through it at least had a Maroon and grey GP30 behind it. so it wasn't as bad.

The railway police were 2 feet to our left. They were decent all day as long as you were not doing anything dumb. Like on guy standing head on trying to take a pic with the train coming right at him.

MasonJar

It's not rocket surgery
Last time it came through it at least had a Maroon and grey GP30 behind it. so it wasn't as bad.

When I saw her in Smiths Falls (2004 I think), the marron and grey diesel travelled as the following section. That was an interesting railfanning day to be sure!

Andrew

Well the film didn't turn out as i had hoped. Seems the lens has something in it or on it that doesnt like looking towards the sun.....But here are some of the better ones.

Tapley
2816%20at%20tapley%202.jpg

Austin
approaching%20autsin.jpg

approaching%20austin.jpg

Portage La Prairie
2816%20at%20portage.jpg

parlor%20car%20at%20portage.jpg

Poplar Point
cp%202816%20at%20poplar%20point.jpg

Marquette
2816%20at%20marquette.jpg

Meadows
2816%20at%20meadows.jpg

Approaching Winnipeg
2816%20heads%20to%20winnipeg.jpg

This was the train in the distance on the previous photo
5578%20at%20winnipeg.jpg

All for now till it comes through again.